- In the midst of calls for investigations into allegations against singer R. Kelly, the Chicago-based attorney for the musician broke his silence Wednesday evening defending his client.
In 1995, when he was 27, he briefly married the late singer Aaliyah, who was 15 at the time (in Surviving R. Kelly an executive who formerly worked with the singer says he forged Aaliyah's birth date on the marriage license to say she was 18, and another witness says she saw Kelly and Aaliyah having sex).More news: Rajinikanth ‘Petta’ Movie Review Rating | Hit or Flop | Box Office Collection
"I hope and pray that the DA makes a move quick from out of Chicago or out of Atlanta because at this point, he may be leaving the country with these girls and whoever to try to flee from this situation", said Timothy Savage.
The case was presented to a Magistrate Judge who issued a warrant in July, citing "terroristic threats and acts". The eviction order has not yet been delivered to the Cook County Sheriff's office for enforcement, a process which can take weeks. We giving it too much attention. That's why his music gonna do what it do. "If you stop talking about it, it'll go away".
We're told the probe was launched over the past few days as a direct result of what "Surviving" depicted.More news: FreeDive, new streaming service from Amazon's IMDb, offers free films, TV
Surviving R. Kellyfeatures interviews with over 50 people, including several women who claim to have been victims of sexual misconduct by Kelly, and people from the artist's personal life who are speaking out with claims supporting those made by his alleged victims. In a statement, Simonton said, "We can confirm that the office has received calls related to this matter".
Now celebs from John Legend, who features in the show, to Lady Gaga, who collaborated with R Kelly back in 2013, to Beyonce's dad, who very closely supervised Destiny's Child when they worked with R Kelly in the 90s, have all spoken out against the musician.
BuzzFeed News reporter Ryan Mac posted screengrabs of the site to Twitter before it was removed. Clearly unhappy with his business partner choosing to continue a working relationship with Kelly, Dash said that was the moment he knew "Roc-A-Fella was defunct".More news: Video shows bus driver rescue baby alone on freeway overpass
- Art II: 'Hard To Envision' Antonio Brown Staying With Steelers In 2019
- Juventus to finalise deal for Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey?
- Craig McLachlan charged with assault and sex offences by police
- Jeff Bezos' Alleged Texts With Lauren Sanchez Surface After Divorce Announcement
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite benchmark hints at state-of-the-art processor
- Chargers DL Brandon Mebane addresses infant daughter's death
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's first outing of 2019 is in Birkenhead
- USA carbon emissions rise by 3.4% in 2018
- Billie Eilish Releases Video 'When I Was Older' Inspired by Film 'Roma'
- UAE beat India in Pulsating AFC Asian Cup Match - Highlights