LeBron James and Giannis Antetokounmpo lead the fan voting in their respective conferences and seem to be the favorites to earn All-Star captaincy for this year's draft - although fan votes only count 50 percent with 25 percent to come from both the media and players.
The starting five - which includes three frontcourt and two backcourt positions spots - for the Western Conference are James, Luka Doncic (Dallas Mavericks), Paul George (Oklahoma City Thunder), Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors) and Derrick Rose (Minnesota Timberwolves).
Current NBA players account for 25 percent of the vote; so does a media panel.More news: Padraig Harrington named Europe Ryder Cup captain
The top vote-getters from each conference will serve as team captains. The top vote victor in each conference is named the captain of their team, and then they draft players from either conference's all-star starters and reserves list to comprise their team. Reserves will be determined by a vote of National Basketball Association head coaches.
Dwyane Wade is also likely to get a farewell All-Star mention, getting close to 1,200,000 votes in his last season in the National Basketball Association.More news: Chargers DL Brandon Mebane addresses infant daughter's death
Other totals of note: Vince Carter, 41, is seventh among Eastern Conference frontcourt players, and Lakers guard Lonzo Ball is eighth among Western Conference guards. He's having quite the rookie season and deserves to play in the All-Star game because of his star appeal and his play on the court. Coaches will determine the reserves.More news: Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite benchmark hints at state-of-the-art processor
- UAE beat India in Pulsating AFC Asian Cup Match - Highlights
- Michael Cohen Agrees to Spill the Beans in Public Congressional Testimony
- Wild Hubble Triangulum Galaxy image is telescope's second largest ever
- Sanders Apologizes Amid New Allegation of Staff Harassment
- Missing Wisconsin teen found alive
- Netflix's 'The Punisher' Gets Even Darker in Season 2 Trailer
- USA carbon emissions rise by 3.4% in 2018
- Rajinikanth ‘Petta’ Movie Review Rating | Hit or Flop | Box Office Collection
- Jeff Bezos' Alleged Texts With Lauren Sanchez Surface After Divorce Announcement
- Video shows bus driver rescue baby alone on freeway overpass