The Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul controversy has snowballed into a topic of national interest after the pair appeared in Karan Johar's famous talk show Koffee With Karan. One of the many controversial things said by the all-rounder was, "Aaj mai kar ke aya" - referring to the time he lost his virginity. As per Committee of Administrators chairman Vinod Rai, Pandya and Rahul's explanations weren't convincing and he has recommended a two-match ban. The recent episode became quite the centre of attention for all the wrong reasons, so much so that the comments made by Hardik Pandya and K L Rahul even resulted in strict action being taken against them by BCCL.
A representative of Star World confirmed to HT that the channel has deleted the episode from Hotstar.More news: Rumor: Nokia 6.2 with a punch-hole display & Snapdragon 632 coming soon
On the show, Pandya narrated an incident where he was out partying with his parents and revealed that he had told his parents about the women he had a "scene" with.
During the episode, Pandya is asked by KJo why he doesn't remember the names of the women he meets at nightclubs, in response to which he says: "I like to watch and observe how they move. I said yeh, yeh, yeh (pointing out women) and they were like 'Waah, proud of you beta", Pandya claimed. "While Rahul chose the sensible answer, "[It's] up to the woman", the outspoken Pandya chimed in: "Nahi nahi, aisa kuch nahi hai.More news: Wild Hubble Triangulum Galaxy image is telescope's second largest ever
Pandya, whose remarks on Koffee with Karan were criticised as sexist, apologised for his remarks in a Twitter post, saying he got "carried away by the nature" of the Karan Johar-hosted show. In no way did I mean to disrespect or hurt anyone's sentiments. The BCCI will announce Friday whether it plans to ban or suspend them, which has delayed the announcement of India's squad for the first ODI against Australia, slated to take place Saturday in Sydney. The duo faced major backlash on social media. Hardik is presently in Australia along with the Indian cricket team where they have won a historic Test series against Australia.More news: Padraig Harrington named Europe Ryder Cup captain
- Powell repeats pledge to remain 'patient' with rate hikes
- The Division 2 will not launch on Steam
- Rajinikanth ‘Petta’ Movie Review Rating | Hit or Flop | Box Office Collection
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite benchmark hints at state-of-the-art processor
- Facebook literally can’t be deleted on some Samsung phones
- USA carbon emissions rise by 3.4% in 2018
- Arizona police collect DNA at nursing home where comatose woman gave birth
- Art II: 'Hard To Envision' Antonio Brown Staying With Steelers In 2019
- Michael Cohen Agrees to Spill the Beans in Public Congressional Testimony
- Video shows bus driver rescue baby alone on freeway overpass