After news broke yesterday (Jan. 9) about Jeff Bezos impending divorce from his wife of 25 years, MacKenzie Bezos, it's now been confirmed that the couple married in 1993 without a prenuptial agreement. The couple owned a home in Seattle and have socialised with the Bezoses in the past, the New York Post reported.
They had been separated but were now making it official, their statement said.
WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA - FEBRUARY 27: Patrick Whitesell and Lauren Sanchez arrive at the Vanity Fair Oscar party hosted by Graydon Carter held at Sunset Tower on February 27, 2011 in West Hollywood, California.
Bezos has a current net worth of $137 billion (down from last year's $160 billion), while Amazon is the most valuable company in the world with a total worth of $810 billion.More news: West Ham United turn down bid from China for Marko Arnautovic
Her other credits include hosting the first season of "So You Think You Can Dance" and co-hosting "Good Day L.A." on FOX.
Perhaps most interesting, however, is that she is a certified helicopter pilot specializing in aerial filming, a passion inspired by her father, who worked as a flight instructor and mechanic who helped rebuild planes, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Despite her alleged affair with Bezos, a friend close to Sanchez told DailyMail.com she is still on friendly terms with her husband and the two were spotted speaking at the billionaire's Golden Globes after party on Sunday night. She has a teenage son from her first marriage to former National Football League player Tony Gonzalez.
The Amazon boss is thought to be in a new relationship with new anchor Lauren Sanchez, 49, who is also divorcing her husband of 13 years, Patrick Whitesell.
No information is available on how the couple are dealing with the financial implication of the divorce.More news: Tim Cook: new Apple services will arrive year
Bezos and his wife announced they would divorce on Wednesday.
Sanchez is still married to Hollywood talent mogul husband Patrick Whitesell, and sources say they separated this late a year ago.
The couple could have devised a postnuptial agreement to do so on their own, and likely have a deal meant to not rock Amazon.
"Though the labels might be different, we remain a family, and we remain cherished friends", the statement concludes before being signed "Jeff & MacKenzie".
Bezos issued a statement on their separation, saying that "we feel incredibly lucky to have found each other and deeply grateful for every one of the years we have been married to each other".More news: Jose Mourinho On Rumours Of Return To Former Club
- Wild Hubble Triangulum Galaxy image is telescope's second largest ever
- Jaguar Land Rover fight to survive in current Chinese economy
- Pompeo Visits Middle East to Increase Pressure on Iran
- Tim Tebow Engaged to Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters -- See the Sweet Announcement!
- Michael Cohen Agrees to Spill the Beans in Public Congressional Testimony
- Jerry Jones Sets Sail With $250 Million Dollar ‘Superyacht’
- The Division 2 will not launch on Steam
- Rumor: Nokia 6.2 with a punch-hole display & Snapdragon 632 coming soon
- FDA warns of possible chocolate, caramel candy hepatitis A contamination
- Apps that do nothing but serve ads ‘tricked’ 9 million Android users