The actor will face court next month with 10 criminal charges - one count of common assault, eight counts of indecent assault and one count of attempted indecent assault.
Known for playing Henry Ramsey in the soap in the 80s, the 53-year old has now been charged with the crimes by police in Victoria.
In 2013, he was cast as Frank N Furter in a stage production of the Rocky Horror Show touring Australia, but in 2018 was accused of inappropriate behaviour by several female co-stars.More news: Sanders Apologizes Amid New Allegation of Staff Harassment
He is to appear at Melbourne magistrates' court in February 8.
He strongly denies the allegations and has launched defamation action in NSW.
A spokesman for the actor told Fairfax he would fight the charges.More news: Powell repeats pledge to remain 'patient' with rate hikes
McLachlan won the Gold Logie in 1990 and became a household name are first appearing in the TV show Neighbours before going on to star in Home & Away.
In January a year ago McLachlan - who also appeared in the stage play of The Rocky Horror Show - was accused of indecent assault and sexual harassment. He went on to take the lead role in The Doctor Blake Mysteries, for which he was nominated for the Logie Award for Most Popular Actor.More news: Google expanding Chrome ad-blocking initiative to global markets this July
- West Ham United turn down bid from China for Marko Arnautovic
- Rape Case Investigators Issue Warrant For Cristiano Ronaldo's DNA
- Rajinikanth ‘Petta’ Movie Review Rating | Hit or Flop | Box Office Collection
- Michael Cohen Agrees to Spill the Beans in Public Congressional Testimony
- Padraig Harrington named Europe Ryder Cup captain
- Missing Wisconsin teen found alive
- Facebook literally can’t be deleted on some Samsung phones
- Kate Beckinsale gives sassy response to Pete Davidson rumors
- Tim Tebow Engaged to Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters -- See the Sweet Announcement!
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite benchmark hints at state-of-the-art processor