The actor will face court next month with 10 criminal charges - one count of common assault, eight counts of indecent assault and one count of attempted indecent assault.
Known for playing Henry Ramsey in the soap in the 80s, the 53-year old has now been charged with the crimes by police in Victoria.
In 2013, he was cast as Frank N Furter in a stage production of the Rocky Horror Show touring Australia, but in 2018 was accused of inappropriate behaviour by several female co-stars.More news: Art II: 'Hard To Envision' Antonio Brown Staying With Steelers In 2019
He is to appear at Melbourne magistrates' court in February 8.
He strongly denies the allegations and has launched defamation action in NSW.
A spokesman for the actor told Fairfax he would fight the charges.More news: Powell repeats pledge to remain 'patient' with rate hikes
McLachlan won the Gold Logie in 1990 and became a household name are first appearing in the TV show Neighbours before going on to star in Home & Away.
In January a year ago McLachlan - who also appeared in the stage play of The Rocky Horror Show - was accused of indecent assault and sexual harassment. He went on to take the lead role in The Doctor Blake Mysteries, for which he was nominated for the Logie Award for Most Popular Actor.More news: Facebook literally can’t be deleted on some Samsung phones
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's first outing of 2019 is in Birkenhead
- Wild Hubble Triangulum Galaxy image is telescope's second largest ever
- The Division 2 will not launch on Steam
- Sanders Apologizes Amid New Allegation of Staff Harassment
- Google expanding Chrome ad-blocking initiative to global markets this July
- UAE beat India in Pulsating AFC Asian Cup Match - Highlights
- Padraig Harrington named Europe Ryder Cup captain
- Michigan Hires Alabama Assistant As OC, Poaching Him From Maryland
- Xiaomi releases the Redmi Note 7: a budget smartphone with few compromises
- USA carbon emissions rise by 3.4% in 2018