The actor will face court next month with 10 criminal charges - one count of common assault, eight counts of indecent assault and one count of attempted indecent assault.
Known for playing Henry Ramsey in the soap in the 80s, the 53-year old has now been charged with the crimes by police in Victoria.
In 2013, he was cast as Frank N Furter in a stage production of the Rocky Horror Show touring Australia, but in 2018 was accused of inappropriate behaviour by several female co-stars.More news: Padraig Harrington named Europe Ryder Cup captain
He is to appear at Melbourne magistrates' court in February 8.
He strongly denies the allegations and has launched defamation action in NSW.
A spokesman for the actor told Fairfax he would fight the charges.More news: Powell repeats pledge to remain 'patient' with rate hikes
McLachlan won the Gold Logie in 1990 and became a household name are first appearing in the TV show Neighbours before going on to star in Home & Away.
In January a year ago McLachlan - who also appeared in the stage play of The Rocky Horror Show - was accused of indecent assault and sexual harassment. He went on to take the lead role in The Doctor Blake Mysteries, for which he was nominated for the Logie Award for Most Popular Actor.More news: Trump Cancels Davos Trip Over Democrats' 'Intransigence'
- The Division 2 will not launch on Steam
- Michael Cohen Agrees to Spill the Beans in Public Congressional Testimony
- UAE beat India in Pulsating AFC Asian Cup Match - Highlights
- Missing Wisconsin teen found alive
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite benchmark hints at state-of-the-art processor
- Rape Case Investigators Issue Warrant For Cristiano Ronaldo's DNA
- Arizona police collect DNA at nursing home where comatose woman gave birth
- Tim Tebow Engaged to Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters -- See the Sweet Announcement!
- Art II: 'Hard To Envision' Antonio Brown Staying With Steelers In 2019
- Wild Hubble Triangulum Galaxy image is telescope's second largest ever