The Cleveland Browns believe they finally have a franchise quarterback.
Two days after officially interviewing him, the Browns decided Wednesday to make Kitchens their full-time head coach.
Prior to his position with the Buccaneers, Monken was a head coach at the college level, where he served Southern Mississippi from 2013 to 2015.More news: Rajinikanth ‘Petta’ Movie Review Rating | Hit or Flop | Box Office Collection
According to a new report, the Browns actually wanted to hire McCarthy, but the offer came with a stipulation and he declined it.
Todd Monken, who is now in the running for the offensive coordinator position job for the Browns, has a few job offers that he might want to consider.
Kitchens remained with the Cardinals until 2017; he coached the quarterbacks from 2013-16, and the running backs in his final season.More news: UAE beat India in Pulsating AFC Asian Cup Match - Highlights
Rookie Baker Mayfield and the offense seemed to respond to Kitchens: in the first eight games of the season, Cleveland averaged 20.6 points per game; over the final eight, with Kitchens in charge, that number was 23.7.
New York, though, could be focused on Baylor head coach Matt Rhule. Kitchens was also the last of the seven candidates the organization vetted, to interview.
The coaching move relieved former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams from his duties as interim head coach and actually ended his tenure with the Browns as a whole.More news: Billie Eilish Releases Video 'When I Was Older' Inspired by Film 'Roma'
While the Colts appear safe for now, other teams will likely be interested in bringing Eberflus in for interviews if his defense continues to play the way it did in 2018.
- Sanders Apologizes Amid New Allegation of Staff Harassment
- Arizona police collect DNA at nursing home where comatose woman gave birth
- Art II: 'Hard To Envision' Antonio Brown Staying With Steelers In 2019
- Video shows bus driver rescue baby alone on freeway overpass
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite benchmark hints at state-of-the-art processor
- Sergio Busquets: Barcelona caught 'asleep' in Copa del Rey loss
- Jerry Jones Sets Sail With $250 Million Dollar ‘Superyacht’
- Michigan Hires Alabama Assistant As OC, Poaching Him From Maryland
- Juventus to finalise deal for Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey?
- Wild Hubble Triangulum Galaxy image is telescope's second largest ever