The song is out now worldwide via Darkroom/Interscope Records, ahead of the release of a full-length Music Inspired By Roma album via Sony Music Masterworks.
Billie Eilish, the 17-year-old sad-pop prodigy we recently named our 2018 Rookie of the Year, has shared a new song with a surprising inspiration. Eilish and her brother, Finneas O'Connell, composed a song based around various scenes within the film.More news: Google expanding Chrome ad-blocking initiative to global markets this July
"When we were composing the song, we wanted to write from within the narrative of the movie and the scenes that struck us the most from it", the siblings revealed in a statement. "Having access to the sounds used in the film proved to be invaluable to help us convey this".
Check out Billie Eilish's "When I Was Older" below. The chorus has the ocean sounds overplayed on it.More news: Facebook literally can’t be deleted on some Samsung phones
But Eilish, bathing her voice in a digital tone, does sing about "watching movies back to back in black and white", seemingly as she mentally exorcises someone from her system.
It establishes not just that Eilish can drum up some impressive, preternatural spookiness for a teen star, but that Cuarón has some skills of his own as a music supervisor, even at the point of post-post-post-production. "When I Was Older", Eilish says, was inspired by Alfonso Cuarón's acclaimed new film, Roma, which took home two Golden Globes this past weekend, including a Best Director statue for Cuarón. In the meantime, you can stream "When I Was Older" above (and watch Roma on Netflix).More news: The Division 2 will not launch on Steam
- Sanders Apologizes Amid New Allegation of Staff Harassment
- Jeff Bezos' Alleged Texts With Lauren Sanchez Surface After Divorce Announcement
- Xiaomi releases the Redmi Note 7: a budget smartphone with few compromises
- West Ham United turn down bid from China for Marko Arnautovic
- Tim Tebow Engaged to Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters -- See the Sweet Announcement!
- Michigan Hires Alabama Assistant As OC, Poaching Him From Maryland
- Juventus to finalise deal for Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey?
- Craig McLachlan charged with assault and sex offences by police
- Kate Beckinsale gives sassy response to Pete Davidson rumors
- Rajinikanth ‘Petta’ Movie Review Rating | Hit or Flop | Box Office Collection