The song is out now worldwide via Darkroom/Interscope Records, ahead of the release of a full-length Music Inspired By Roma album via Sony Music Masterworks.
Billie Eilish, the 17-year-old sad-pop prodigy we recently named our 2018 Rookie of the Year, has shared a new song with a surprising inspiration. Eilish and her brother, Finneas O'Connell, composed a song based around various scenes within the film.More news: UAE beat India in Pulsating AFC Asian Cup Match - Highlights
"When we were composing the song, we wanted to write from within the narrative of the movie and the scenes that struck us the most from it", the siblings revealed in a statement. "Having access to the sounds used in the film proved to be invaluable to help us convey this".
Check out Billie Eilish's "When I Was Older" below. The chorus has the ocean sounds overplayed on it.More news: Jeff Bezos' Alleged Texts With Lauren Sanchez Surface After Divorce Announcement
But Eilish, bathing her voice in a digital tone, does sing about "watching movies back to back in black and white", seemingly as she mentally exorcises someone from her system.
It establishes not just that Eilish can drum up some impressive, preternatural spookiness for a teen star, but that Cuarón has some skills of his own as a music supervisor, even at the point of post-post-post-production. "When I Was Older", Eilish says, was inspired by Alfonso Cuarón's acclaimed new film, Roma, which took home two Golden Globes this past weekend, including a Best Director statue for Cuarón. In the meantime, you can stream "When I Was Older" above (and watch Roma on Netflix).More news: Wild Hubble Triangulum Galaxy image is telescope's second largest ever
- Xiaomi releases the Redmi Note 7: a budget smartphone with few compromises
- Sergio Busquets: Barcelona caught 'asleep' in Copa del Rey loss
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's first outing of 2019 is in Birkenhead
- Video shows bus driver rescue baby alone on freeway overpass
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite benchmark hints at state-of-the-art processor
- Craig McLachlan charged with assault and sex offences by police
- Arizona police collect DNA at nursing home where comatose woman gave birth
- Missing Wisconsin teen found alive
- Jerry Jones Sets Sail With $250 Million Dollar ‘Superyacht’
- Art II: 'Hard To Envision' Antonio Brown Staying With Steelers In 2019