There will more things coming.
Apple gave its chief executive Tim Cook a hefty 22 per cent pay raise in 2018, bringing his total compensation for the year to nearly US$15.7 million according to a filing submitted to the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Tim Cook took home $15.7 million in compensation for his role as Apple CEO in fiscal 2018, a 22 percent raise on his earnings the previous year.More news: Aaron Ramsey and Juventus agree terms on free transfer
"For 2018. we achieved net sales of US$265.6 billion and operating income of US$70.9 billion, each representing a year-over-year increase of 16 per cent, and exceeding the 2018 maximum annual cash incentive program goals for both of those performance measures", the document said. Cook said that his company's health-focused innovations may be "Apple's greatest contribution to mankind".
"As we've gotten (sic) into healthcare more and more through the Watch and through other things that we've created with ResearchKit and CareKit and putting your medical records on the iPhone, this is a huge deal", he continued. We are democratising it.
"We are taking what has been with the institution and empowering the individual to manage their health. And we're just at the front end of this".More news: Australia to play 2 T20Is, 5 ODIs in India
This puts Apple's decision to stop disclosing the number of iPhone it sells for each quarter in a completely new light, given that a 10% cut in production for the new iPhone models would translate into a whopping 20% YoY contraction from "the 52.21 million units Apple sold in January-March 2018", as reported by Nikkei Asian Review.
Apple believes it has an upperhand in its legal battles with Qualcomm, Inc.
Last week, Apple reported that iPhone sales have slumped, particularly in China where it is facing tougher competition from homegrown firms such as Huawei and Xiaomi. He views Qualcomm's actions regarding patents and licensing as illegal. And they don't do that. (NASDAQ: QCOM), which operates unlawfully by charging "exorbitant" prices.More news: Pompeo Visits Middle East to Increase Pressure on Iran
- Flu cases increase in Lucas County
- Apps that do nothing but serve ads ‘tricked’ 9 million Android users
- SABC to continue playing R Kelly's music, for now
- Toyota recalls 1.7m vehicles worldwide over air bag inflators
- Iran Confirms It's Holding U.S. Navy Veteran
- Looks Like It's Time To Talk About The SOPRANOS Finale Again
- Australian Open 2019 Draw: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal in same half
- Suspicious packages mailed to consulates in Australia: Man arrested
- Jamie Lee Curtis wasn't so down with FIJI Water girl's photobombing efforts
- Rape coma baby 'nearly died' at Hacienda Healthcare, police confirm