Going after a restricted free agent takes additional time, and if the Cavs are arguing urgency of trotting out able bodies, signing McCaw wouldn't be the fastest, or best route to go about it.More news: Ranveer Singh And Ranbir Kapoor Are 'Special' To Me, Says Alia Bhatt
The Cavs signed McCaw in late December to a non-guaranteed, two-year, $6 million offer sheet. No one is exactly sure why the Cavs chose to go through with that plan, but they are being investigated by the league for possibly salary cap circumvention. However, he only ended up playing three games with the Cavaliers, who waived him before that deal would become fully guaranteed. Matching the McCaw offer sheet would've elevated the Warriors luxury tax bill $11.3 million to $61.6 million.
The 23-year-old guard should provide solid depth for the Raptors, who now have the best record in the National Basketball Association at 31-12.More news: Unifor rallying union members to protest GM's Oshawa factory closing
McCaw was the 38th overall pick in the 2016 National Basketball Association draft out of UNLV. Until that point, the third-year guard had been sitting out the season as a restricted free agent with the Golden State Warriors.
The circumstances were freaky and raised questions about Cleveland's motivation to sign and release a player off the roster of their frequent NBA Finals rival.More news: What hope for markets in the US-China trade talks?
The Raptors needed to sign someone as they were carrying just 13 players after waiving Lorenzo Brown on Monday. McCaw showed flashes in a limited role for the Warriors in his first two seasons and is yet another young wing with plenty of length for the Raptors to add to their deep rotation.
- Broncos Hire Vic Fangio As New Head Coach
- Jeff Bezos And His Wife Are Getting Divorced
- R. Kelly's attorney responds to allegations made in docu-series
- Yoshi’s Crafted World and Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn release dates revealed
- ‘Signs Pointing’ To Browns Hiring This Coach
- Huawei expands data centre efforts with new CPU and servers
- Golden Globes 2019: A multitude of surprise winners
- Higuain told to decide future and show AC Milan responsibility
- North Korean leader visits econ-tech zone in Beijing before heading home
- Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein expected to leave Justice Department in weeks