Going after a restricted free agent takes additional time, and if the Cavs are arguing urgency of trotting out able bodies, signing McCaw wouldn't be the fastest, or best route to go about it.More news: May suffers another Commons Brexit defeat UK News
The Cavs signed McCaw in late December to a non-guaranteed, two-year, $6 million offer sheet. No one is exactly sure why the Cavs chose to go through with that plan, but they are being investigated by the league for possibly salary cap circumvention. However, he only ended up playing three games with the Cavaliers, who waived him before that deal would become fully guaranteed. Matching the McCaw offer sheet would've elevated the Warriors luxury tax bill $11.3 million to $61.6 million.
The 23-year-old guard should provide solid depth for the Raptors, who now have the best record in the National Basketball Association at 31-12.More news: Ranveer Singh And Ranbir Kapoor Are 'Special' To Me, Says Alia Bhatt
McCaw was the 38th overall pick in the 2016 National Basketball Association draft out of UNLV. Until that point, the third-year guard had been sitting out the season as a restricted free agent with the Golden State Warriors.
The circumstances were freaky and raised questions about Cleveland's motivation to sign and release a player off the roster of their frequent NBA Finals rival.More news: Spider-Man on PS4 is about to score some Fantastic Four DLC
The Raptors needed to sign someone as they were carrying just 13 players after waiving Lorenzo Brown on Monday. McCaw showed flashes in a limited role for the Warriors in his first two seasons and is yet another young wing with plenty of length for the Raptors to add to their deep rotation.
- Shaqiri convinced Liverpool depth will aid response to Wolves loss
- AEW Star Chris Jericho Removed From WWE Video Intro
- Jeff Bezos And His Wife Are Getting Divorced
- ‘Signs Pointing’ To Browns Hiring This Coach
- AMD Launches Next Radeon VII GPU, the World's First 7nm GPU
- Man City and Burton are chalk and cheese, says Brewers chairman
- Federer: Djokovic the clear favourite for the Australian Open
- Yoshi’s Crafted World and Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn release dates revealed
- Arsenal favourites to sign Yannick Carrasco from Dalian Yifang
- Unifor rallying union members to protest GM's Oshawa factory closing