After the widespread response to Surviving R. Kelly, plenty of people have been drawing comparisons to the long-standing accusations against Michael Jackson.
According to reports, the docuseries features interviews with two men, who are now in their 30s, who claim that Jackson sexually abused them in the 1990s when they were 7 and 10.
The estate said in a statement on Wednesday that the documentary Leaving Neverland 'is yet another lurid production in an outrageous and pathetic attempt to exploit and cash in on Michael Jackson'.
The two-part film is named after the Santa Barbara, Calif., estate where Jackson entertained young fans during sleepovers.More news: Congolese dance, cheer at opposition's win
Michael Jackson would have turned 60 in 2018, but died in 2009 aged 50.
The Jackson estate promptly denounced the "Leaving Neverland".
The estate of Michael Jackson has denouncing a documentary about two of his sexual-abuse accusers that will premiere at the Sundance Film Festival later this month, calling it 'just another rehash of dated and discredited allegations'.
The explosive lawsuit claimed Michael Jackson and key staffers at MJJ Productions and MJJ Ventures ran a 'sophisticated child sexual abuse procurement and facilitation operation'.More news: Semi-truck driver in deadly Humboldt Broncos crash pleads guilty
Both cases were dismissed for being filed too long after the incidents behind the allegations.
Michael was acquitted on molestation charges involving another minor during a criminal trial before his death in 2005.
Now in their 30s, they allege they were sexually abused by the late singer.
Sundance also added the world premiere of the Steve Bannon documentary "The Brink", directed by Alison Klayman and produced by Marie Therese Guirgis.More news: Oakland A's Expect Kyler Murray To Enter NFL Draft
- Serena Williams' legacy secure despite infamous US Open umpire row: Chris Evert
- Audi Showcase Virtual Reality Features at CES 2019
- 'Gully Boy' trailer: Ranveer and Alia steal the show
- Fox News host Shep Smith wasted no time fact-checking Trump's address
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Cotswold country weekender has been revealed
- US Says China Willing to Buy More American as Trade Talks End
- Flu season surging and likely not at peak in Canada, doctors say
- Packers hire LaFleur as head coach
- Chelsea prepared to report Bayern to Federation Internationale de Football Association over Hudson-Odoi
- Lenovo crammed Google Assistant smarts into this adorable alarm clock