The woman told the news station she was alerted by the home security system that notifies them when there's movement outside.
A slippery man slid into their porch in the wee hours of Saturday (Jan 5) and chose to get to know their doorbell better, first reported by US TV station KION.
"I thought, boy there's a lot of traffic".More news: Adam Gase to Become New York Jets' Head Coach
According to a Mirror report, the man, who has been identified as 33-year-old Roberto Daniel Arroyo, was also filmed relieving himself as well as moving an extension cord around the garden.
"I go, '5am in the morning?' My son doesn't get home till 6am, well then who the heck is that?"
She told USA media: "You kind of laugh about it afterwards because, technically, he didn't harm anybody, he didn't break anything". "I started reviewing the video and said 'Who the heck is that?"More news: Michael Jackson sex abuse: Leaving Neverland at Sundance features 'new victims'
The video showed him licking the button for a brief amount of time, Miguel Cabrera, Salinas Police public information officer told the Californian. Arroyo is seen on video for the first time at around 2 a.m. and last just before 5 a.m., police said.
Salinas Police are now searching for the man and said that he could be charged with petty theft and prowling. "He curls in front of the front area of the residence ... like he's taking a nap". Police said he prowled a neighbor's house as well.
The case is now in the hands of the Monterey County District Attorney's Office.More news: Congolese dance, cheer at opposition's win
The family also made clear that they had gone to great efforts to clean the affected doorbell.
- Image gallery: New-gen Mercedes-Benz CLA at CES 2019
- Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather meet again at Clippers game
- How Much Could Wife of Amazon's Jeff Bezos Get in Divorce?
- Jamie Lee Curtis wasn't so down with FIJI Water girl's photobombing efforts
- Australia to play 2 T20Is, 5 ODIs in India
- Chelsea prepared to report Bayern to Federation Internationale de Football Association over Hudson-Odoi
- Schweizer-Reneke school suspends teacher over segregated seating
- Iran Confirms It's Holding U.S. Navy Veteran
- Packers hire LaFleur as head coach
- Kevin Hart definitively states: 'No, I'm not hosting the Oscars this year'