Jesus contributed another two alongside additional goals from Phil Foden, Kyle Walker and Riyad Mahrez, which included four in a 13-minute period around the hour mark to add further gloss to an already convincing score-line.
"He wasn't happy. He came in the dressing-room at half-time and said: 'Every goal you concede in the second-half, I'm fining you £100.' We conceded another one to lose 5-0 and it was taken out of our money".
They play Burton Albion, the League One side, at home in the first leg of their semi-final tie this evening.
It was also the first time in more than 31 years that City had scored nine goals in a single match - they beat Huddersfield Town 10-1 in a second-tier league encounter in November 1987, and it matched Guardiola's biggest win as a manager - equalling Barcelona's 9-0 thrashing of L'Hospitalet in the Copa del Rey in December 2011.More news: Kevin Hart Emphatically Says He Won’t Host the Oscars
Holders Chelsea were given a home game against one of two lower-league teams, Sheffield Wednesday or Luton.
"The only way is to take it seriously".
"It's the best way to respect the competition and respect the opponents", Guardiola said. "The best way is do what we have to do".More news: Google Assistant Now Lets You Check-In to Flights by Voice and More
Spurs - who host Chelsea FC in the League Cup semi-final first leg on Tuesday night - have finished in the top four in the last three Premier League seasons but Mauricio Pochettino's side have never managed to launch a sustained title challenge.
'A feeling of we can't wait for Gillingham on Saturday, ' said Clough when asked how he felt about the game.
'We played very well and with respect, that's important. And we stopped them, that's a positive for us.
"We've not gone into any detail with them because that will frighten the life out of them", admitted Clough.More news: Broncos Hire Vic Fangio As New Head Coach
"They got a massive squad of players that cost a fortune and earning a fortune, that's what you get in the Premier League so it's chalk and cheese". The Reds reached the final but lost to Arsenal.
- What hope for markets in the US-China trade talks?
- Yoshi’s Crafted World and Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn release dates revealed
- Kate Middleton first royal engagement 2019 revealed
- Golden Globes 2019: A multitude of surprise winners
- Trump cuts off federal funds to California to fight 'Forrest fires'
- Higuain told to decide future and show AC Milan responsibility
- Shaqiri convinced Liverpool depth will aid response to Wolves loss
- Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein expected to leave Justice Department in weeks
- Allegedly laundered money: Malaysia probes claim China offered to bail out 1MDB
- Ranveer Singh And Ranbir Kapoor Are 'Special' To Me, Says Alia Bhatt