If you like the idea of a smart speaker with a display but aren't keen on shelling out $150 for the Google Home Hub, you'll want to check out Lenovo's new Smart Clock. Unfortunately, it's powered via a non-USB cable, making you reliant on their in-the-box cable for getting it powered.
A more normal clock face.More news: Arsenal favourites to sign Yannick Carrasco from Dalian Yifang
With the smartphone's rise, it pretty much killed off the bedroom alarm clock - one of many gadget casualties that occurred when more and more features were integrated into today's modern smartphones. Well, Lenovo is aiming to bring them back from the dead!
This is the latest evolution in the ongoing smart speaker and voice assistant battle between Amazon and Google, one of the main themes this year at CES.
Yes, it will show you the weather. What's not there is Google Photos to turn your clock into an ambient photo frame during the day, a camera for Duo video calls, Duo for voice calls and most importantly Google's new Home View control centre for home automation control.More news: Flu Season Forces Visitor Restrictions at Marion Co. Hospitals
The Smart Clock isn't supposed to be as complex as Lenovo's Smart Display with Google Assistant. The lack of a Home View card however is perplexing, especially on a product they are pushing as a smart home control device. It's due to launch in the United States of America in their Spring with a retail price of $79.99 which would see it priced around the $120 AUD mark if / when it makes it here. If you have events loaded into your calendar, Assistant will also take those into account and make suggestions about alarms you should set to make sure you're up with time to spare.
The device, which can easily sit on a bedside table in an unobtrusive manner, can offer the kind of information that people would expect from a Smart Clock. Let us know below.More news: Huawei expands data centre efforts with new CPU and servers
- UK lawmakers clash over Prime Minister Theresa May’s Brexit deal
- Spider-Man on PS4 is about to score some Fantastic Four DLC
- Yoshi’s Crafted World and Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn release dates revealed
- Senate Democrats Consider Blocking All Legislation Until Shutdown Ends
- Man City and Burton are chalk and cheese, says Brewers chairman
- Ranveer Singh And Ranbir Kapoor Are 'Special' To Me, Says Alia Bhatt
- Federer: Djokovic the clear favourite for the Australian Open
- New 2019 BMW 7 Series images showing X7 influence leak
- AMD Launches Next Radeon VII GPU, the World's First 7nm GPU
- Allegedly laundered money: Malaysia probes claim China offered to bail out 1MDB