However, there are only six weeks until the show takes place live from the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Calif.
And now it is claimed that producers will have a list of A-list stars split the presenting duties instead of having a single replacement for Kevin. He stepped down as host and has since apologized for his comments, but some critics have found his contrition to be insufficient.
On Friday, he told talk show host Ellen DeGeneres he was "evaluating" whether he should reverse his decision.
The 39-year-old actor was scheduled to host the February 24 awards show but backed down after a series of anti-gay tweets - from between 2009 and 2011 - resurfaced and drew outrage from the LGBT community. "I hear everything you're saying, but I want everybody to know I'm done with it".More news: Chelsea prepared to report Bayern to Federation Internationale de Football Association over Hudson-Odoi
Oscar statuettes are displayed at Times Square Studios 23 January 2006 in NY.
He said: "I'm done with it".
Strahan pushed Hart to offer more of a response beyond "I'm over it" and "I'm done with it", but he was met with more of the same.
The debacle on the Academy's hands is one entirely of their own making, shot through by their sycophantic love affair with all things left-of-center and politically correct.More news: Man accused of stealing roommate's winning $10 million lotto ticket arrested
That doesn't mean he's shutting down the possibility of hosting the Oscars another year.
But, of course, there was still some time, right?
The impending 91st Annual Academy Awards won't break ground for implementing a brand-new dress code, introducing a never-before-featured category, or including a charm of hummingbirds flanking either side of the presentation stage, flittering delicately as each victor ascends the steps to claim their long-sought-after statues.
In one of his old Twitter posts, Hart had described an actor's picture as a "gay billboard for AIDS".More news: Australia to play 2 T20Is, 5 ODIs in India
The comedian also said he used hurtful language because he didn't know any better.
- Congolese dance, cheer at opposition's win
- US Says China Willing to Buy More American as Trade Talks End
- Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather meet again at Clippers game
- Mysterious radio signals from deep space detected
- Total lunar eclipse happening January 20
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Cotswold country weekender has been revealed
- Michael Jackson sex abuse: Leaving Neverland at Sundance features 'new victims'
- 'Gully Boy' trailer: Ranveer and Alia steal the show
- Clemson's Swinney already eyeing next title run
- Kate Middleton felt Meghan Markle ‘used’ her to ‘climb the royal ladder’