"It's like the patient zero of fake news", Wallace added.More news: Timberwolves fire Tom Thibodeau, may want Fred Hoiberg
Veteran ABC anchor Ted Koppel, speaking with The New York Times, said Trump deserved the "benefit of the doubt". Interestingly, the Trump speech from the White House and the Democrats' response from the Capital building were perfectly matched on FNC, which will not be good news to that frequent viewer at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
White House counselor Kellyanne Conway says the group had a "robust exchange" and 'questions were asked and answered'.
Trump's narrative about the southern border "really is fiction".More news: May suffers another Commons Brexit defeat UK News
"The big scam of last night - other than the more than half a dozen lies that were repeated by the president of the United States on roadblock network coverage - is the actual crisis is a fabrication", she noted.
Seth Meyers, the host of "Late Night" on NBC, took a position about this on his show Monday night. So the four major broadcasters and cable news networks showed him, while also airing rebuttals from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and making provisions of their own to pounce on misstatements.
In the past, Trump's talks to the nation have been carefully scrutinized for false information.More news: Yoshi’s Crafted World and Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn release dates revealed
"Now that the television networks have chose to air the President's address, which if his past statements are any indication will be full of malice and misinformation, Democrats must immediately be given equal airtime", they wrote.
- North Korean leader visits econ-tech zone in Beijing before heading home
- Unifor rallying union members to protest GM's Oshawa factory closing
- AMD Launches Next Radeon VII GPU, the World's First 7nm GPU
- AEW Star Chris Jericho Removed From WWE Video Intro
- Broncos Hire Vic Fangio As New Head Coach
- Chandler Parsons, Memphis Grizzlies agree to part ways
- White House: Tax refunds will be paid despite govt. shutdown
- Man City and Burton are chalk and cheese, says Brewers chairman
- Patrick McCaw To Sign With Raptors
- Huawei expands data centre efforts with new CPU and servers