The FDA is recalling Bauer's Candies' Modjeskas over a possible hepatitis A contamination.
Treats sold by a candy company are being recalled because of a possible Hepatitis A contamination.
Get push notifications with news, features and more.More news: Schweizer-Reneke school suspends teacher over segregated seating
Bauer's sweets released a statement on their website regarding the FDA alert, explaining that a worker in their facility tested positive for hepatitis A. The company has since closed the facility and discarded all of the candy inside. "Our customers are and always will be our top priority".
An employee at the facility tested positive for Hepatitis A. We are now working with Bauer's sweets, located in Kentucky, on a voluntary recall of affected products.
The FDA claims a worker in the Bauer's facility tested positive for hepatitis A.
The FDA says the transmission of the virus through the candy is low. "These agencies have cleared us to continue operation. No candy products manufactured after November 25 are affected in any way", she added.More news: Toyota recalls 1.7m vehicles worldwide over air bag inflators
People with questions or concerns can contact Bauer's sweets at 502-839-3700 or via email at email@example.com.
Symptoms include fever, fatigue, dark urine, vomiting, joint pain and jaundice, among other signs. The virus typically spreads when a person eats or drinks something "contaminated by small, undetected amounts of stool from an infected person", the health agency explained.
-Don't eat raw or undercooked meat and fish.
-If bottled water isn't available, boil tap water before drinking it.More news: Samsung confirms foldable phone release for the first half of 2019
- Hubble Space Telescope’s most advanced camera shut down
- Jose Mourinho On Rumours Of Return To Former Club
- Everton among several clubs interested in signing Chelsea's Michy Batshuayi
- Jazmine Barnes: Second man charged in drive-by shooting
- IBM takes small - but steady - steps to quantum commercial viability
- Suspicious packages mailed to consulates in Australia: Man arrested
- Looks Like It's Time To Talk About The SOPRANOS Finale Again
- NYC Promises 'Guaranteed' Healthcare for All Residents
- Trump Cancels Davos Trip Over Democrats' 'Intransigence'
- US Confirms Iran Holding American Navy Vet for Last 6 Months