This comes after Apple slashed its quarterly sales forecast last week.More news: Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather meet again at Clippers game
A week after the shock created by the announcement of a downward adjustment of its revenue forecast for the last quarter of 2018, we learn that Apple has chose to reduce by 10% the production of the new iPhones. The surprise warning triggered a broad sell-off in global stock markets. This figure is derived from sources apparently familiar with this request, and applies to the first 3 months of 2019.
The original plan for 48 million sold units between January and March, later reduced to 43 million, is now taking another hit and is cut with an additional 10% to 40 million.
Apple did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment.More news: Kate Middleton felt Meghan Markle ‘used’ her to ‘climb the royal ladder’
Apple's iPhone suppliers include Taiwanese assemblers Foxconn and Pegatron who are not moving to confirm the reports. As the Nikkei Asian Review reports, this "is the second time in two months that the United States company has trimmed its planned production for the flagship device".
Chief Executive Tim Cook reiterated in an interview with CNBC on Tuesday that India was a major focus for Apple.
Apple has reportedly cut production plans for its 2018 iPhones again.More news: Rare 1943 copper coin could fetch a pretty penny in auction
- Congolese dance, cheer at opposition's win
- Adam Gase to Become New York Jets' Head Coach
- 'Gully Boy' trailer: Ranveer and Alia steal the show
- Australia to play 2 T20Is, 5 ODIs in India
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Cotswold country weekender has been revealed
- SABC to continue playing R Kelly's music, for now
- Michael Jackson sex abuse: Leaving Neverland at Sundance features 'new victims'
- Chelsea prepared to report Bayern to Federation Internationale de Football Association over Hudson-Odoi
- Jamie Lee Curtis wasn't so down with FIJI Water girl's photobombing efforts
- Australian Open 2019 Draw: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal in same half