Houston police have launched a massive manhunt after a seven-year-old girl was fatally shot in a Walmart parking lot.
Authorities in Texas on Monday were hunting for a gunman who killed a 7-year-old girl Sunday outside of a Houston-area Walmart.
Sheriff's Maj. Jesse Razo said the other girls who were inside the auto when the shooting happened were "shaken" and "devastated". Her mother is 30-year-old LaPorsha Washington.
The family of five was leaving a Walmart parking lot Sunday morning in the Houston area when a man driving a red pickup truck pulled up to the side of their vehicle and started shooting, reported KHOU-TV.More news: Apple’s iPhone XS Max allegedly catches fire in man’s pocket
The shooter pulled alongside the mother's vehicle (pictured) and fired into it, killing the girl.
The younger girl suffered glass fragment injuries and the teens weren't hurt, but they were "shaken" and "devastated", said Jesse Razo, a major with the sheriff's office. He was described as being in his 40s and having a beard, Razo said. It's not clear if the other three girls, all under the age of 15, also are related to the woman, who was shot in the arm.
The suspect, who is still at large, "is considered armed and unsafe", Razo told reporters.
The motive for the shooting was not immediately known.More news: Local Sears store to close in March
Razo added that investigators planned to review surveillance videos from the entire area.
"We're going to use all resources available to bring this killer to justice", Razo told reporters at the scene.
"I urge you, whoever did this, you know who you are", Razo said. He was driving a red pickup.More news: Yemen's Houthis start redeployment in Hodeidah as part of UN deal
- Footage of Lady Gaga's Opening Las Vegas Show ENIGMA Is Out
- Boston Celtics vs Houston Rockets NBA Team News & Prediction
- Brexit: US ambassador to UK Johnson warns on trade deal
- Rohit Sharma, wife Ritika Sajdeh welcome baby girl
- DR Congo chooses new president
- Mayweather beats Japan's Nasukawa by technical knock-out
- New iPhones attracting more Android users in US
- Trump administration abandoned notion of concrete wall long ago - White House chief
- Nokia 9 PureView leaked renders will set your hearts racing
- UAE helicopter crash kills four crew on rescue mission near zipline