Pressman says the second aspect is "our understanding of our natural resources...we look at the concerns of what's taking place in nature, the depletion of natural resources". It's not too heavy. It's a big hug'.
This Sept. 12, 2018 file photo shows a model wearing a coral outfit from the Marc Jacobs spring 2019 collection during Fashion Week in NY.More news: Google to launch personalised on-demand audio news feed
Last December, the company selected Ultra Violet, a "dramatically provocative and thoughtful purple shade" inspired by Prince and reminiscent of grape soda, as its colour of the year for 2018.
The colour has been seen on Marc Jacob runways, but Pressman said it reminds people of the world's current "environmental chaos", referring to reefs being bleached. But Pantone is quick to note that nature isn't the only inspiration for this hue-social media also played a role. "[It is] not so overpowering and in your face", she said. "Linked to tactility and human connection, PANTONE 16-1546 Living Coral is a warm and welcoming shade that fosters immersive experiences and encourages playful expression; so it made flawless sense that we partner with Tribute Portfolio, a brand that shines a light on the individualized and personalized spirit of all its characterful hotels, to create a unique way to experience color and bring PANTONE 16-1546 Living Coral to life". Ever wonder what those Pantone numbers are all about? What, you ask, is chroma? A set of letters after the numbers indicate the material or substance upon which the colour was printed or otherwise placed, such as dyed cotton or paper.
So if you want to be popular in the coming 12 months, there's only one thing for it.More news: Bank of Canada keeps interest rate at 1.75%
The selection process spans the year.
New Jersey-based Pantone picks a new color each year based on socioeconomic conditions, fashion trends, new technologies, as well as new trends in the realms of lifestyle, art, music, travel, and of course, social media.More news: Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl to take charge of first game vs Cardiff
- Major League Baseball hot stove: Twins to sign Schoop to 1-year deal
- France tops OECD list of most taxed countries
- Tristan Thompson isn't in the Kardashian doghouse this time
- Michigan State basketball loses five-star recruit to Duke
- Italy police arrest mafia's alleged new mob boss in Sicily
- Trump administration's new proposal aimed at helping coal industry
- ‘Aquaman’ sets Warner Bros opening day box office record in China
- PSG set to sign Ajax star De Jong in record deal
- WaPo: Saudi government paid for rooms at Trump's DC hotel
- Inspired Messi sees Barcelona to comfortable derby win