Pressman says the second aspect is "our understanding of our natural resources...we look at the concerns of what's taking place in nature, the depletion of natural resources". It's not too heavy. It's a big hug'.
This Sept. 12, 2018 file photo shows a model wearing a coral outfit from the Marc Jacobs spring 2019 collection during Fashion Week in NY.More news: Good preparation vital for Presidents Cup success, say Tiger
Last December, the company selected Ultra Violet, a "dramatically provocative and thoughtful purple shade" inspired by Prince and reminiscent of grape soda, as its colour of the year for 2018.
The colour has been seen on Marc Jacob runways, but Pressman said it reminds people of the world's current "environmental chaos", referring to reefs being bleached. But Pantone is quick to note that nature isn't the only inspiration for this hue-social media also played a role. "[It is] not so overpowering and in your face", she said. "Linked to tactility and human connection, PANTONE 16-1546 Living Coral is a warm and welcoming shade that fosters immersive experiences and encourages playful expression; so it made flawless sense that we partner with Tribute Portfolio, a brand that shines a light on the individualized and personalized spirit of all its characterful hotels, to create a unique way to experience color and bring PANTONE 16-1546 Living Coral to life". Ever wonder what those Pantone numbers are all about? What, you ask, is chroma? A set of letters after the numbers indicate the material or substance upon which the colour was printed or otherwise placed, such as dyed cotton or paper.
So if you want to be popular in the coming 12 months, there's only one thing for it.More news: Rwandan court drops all charges against opposition figure
The selection process spans the year.
New Jersey-based Pantone picks a new color each year based on socioeconomic conditions, fashion trends, new technologies, as well as new trends in the realms of lifestyle, art, music, travel, and of course, social media.More news: France tops OECD list of most taxed countries
- All top players set for Australian Open in January
- Flu vaccine still available at Iroquois County Public Health Department
- Putin moving chess pieces to control Black Sea
- Italy police arrest mafia's alleged new mob boss in Sicily
- Rumor: Google Working On Larger Pixel 3 Lite Smartphone
- What is YouTube Rewind 2018? (+ How to Watch)
- Google to launch personalised on-demand audio news feed
- Cardi B reacts to her five Grammy nominations
- Yemen war rivals double down as Sweden hosts UN talks
- Prosecutors implicate Trump in payments