The annual wince festival, YouTube Rewind, which showcases all of the "best" moments and biggest trends of YouTube from the a year ago, has been and gone once again. While previous years have been... interesting, this year's attempt pretty much misses the mark entirely, so much so that at the time of writing the video has 4 million dislikes to 1.4 million likes.
With 2018 coming to an end, YouTube gathers its best and mixes them with the top moments and gives us a Rewind.More news: Ben Simmons' Philadelphia 76ers in loss to Toronto Raptors
While YouTube does feature all of the above (obviously), it also has many more creators that offer grittier content that may not be considered advertiser-friendly, but are far more entertaining than the slate of P.C. creators it has on offer in the video. But were they in YouTube rewind?
Putting our criticisms aside for a moment, half way through the video the featured creators do highlight some important moments throughout 2018 that positively impacted our society. They did manage to shine a spotlight in the surge in popularity for K-Pop and groups like BTS who broke YouTube streaming records in 2018.
His remake of We Are Singapore, the official National Day Parade theme song for 2018, was the top trending non-music YouTube video in Singapore this year. The 2018 video, which was released Thursday and is the longest Rewind to date, opens with an appearance by Will Smith (recreating birthday Grand Canyon video), and features celebrity appearances by John Oliver, Trevor Noah and Olympic skater Adam Rippon.More news: Stars reach Udaipur for Isha Ambani’s pre-wedding celebrations
An episode of James Corden's Carpool Karaoke gained the number four spot on the YouTube Rewind list. YouTubers that most people don't know or care about.
- TheCyanHedgie (@TheCyanHedgie) December 7, 2018The level of entitlement in the 2018 YouTube rewind is so palpable.
The YouTube community in Singapore continued growing this year, with more creators joining the platform.More news: Brighton blow Palace away after Shane Duffy's red
- USA: Radio station stops playing 'Baby, It's Cold Outside'
- Rules announced for Floyd Mayweather vs. Tenshin Nasukawa
- How to Watch Bournemouth vs. Liverpool
- Arsenal Players Filmed Inhaling 'Hippy Crack' In Nightclub
- Jeff Goldblum's 'Thank U, Jeff' hilariously parodies Ariana Grande
- Referee denies Tyson Fury count against Deontay Wilder was slow
- Italy police arrest mafia's alleged new mob boss in Sicily
- PGA of America officially announces move from Palm Beach Gardens to Texas
- Deputy killed by friendly fire in bar shootout
- Raptors' G League Affiliate Waives Kay Felder After Domestic Abuse Arrest