The United States warned Russian Federation on Tuesday it will withdraw from a major Cold War treaty limiting mid-range nuclear arms if Moscow does not dismantle missiles that Washington says breach it within 60 days.
In televised comments, the Russian leader said many other countries had developed weapons banned under the INF treaty.
"Apparently now American partners believe the situation has changed so much that the United States should also have such weapons".
President Trump said in...
"What's our response? It's simple - in that case we will also do this".
Analysts say Russian Federation sees the weapons as a cheaper alternative to conventional forces.Читайте также: How to Watch Bournemouth vs. Liverpool
This comes after State Secretary Mike Pompeo threatened US withdrawal from the treaty if Russian Federation does not comply within 60-days.
EU diplomacy chief Federica Mogherini, who met with Lavrov on the sidelines of the 25th OSCE Ministerial Council in Milan, addressed the issue, stating that the INF Treaty must be preserved as it is key to European and global security.
If Russia does not comply within the 60-day deadline, the U.S. will begin the six-month process of formally withdrawing from the INF treaty.
However they backed U.S. claims that Russian Federation has land-based nuclear missiles based in Europe.
Until then, Pompeo said, the USA would not "test or produce or deploy any systems" that would breach the treaty. "It makes no sense for the United States to remain in a treaty that constrains our ability to respond to Russia's violations". In a statement Wednesday, Stoltenberg warned Russian Federation to cease its suspected violations of the 1987 Treaty on Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces - known as the INF. European leaders have expressed concern that any collapse of the I-N-F treaty could lead to a new, destabilizing arms race between Russian Federation and the West. "Since previous year, our troops have been armed with laser weapons". It was replaced by a modified defence system in 2016.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Putin moving chess pieces to control Black Sea
- PSG set to sign Ajax star De Jong in record deal
- Trump ghostwriter ridicules belief John Kelly’s replacement will reel president in
- France tops OECD list of most taxed countries
- Falcon 9 Rocket Crashes After Successful ISS Cargo Delivery
- PGA of America officially announces move from Palm Beach Gardens to Texas
- Michigan State basketball loses five-star recruit to Duke
- Yemen war rivals double down as Sweden hosts UN talks
- Cardi B reacts to her five Grammy nominations
- 2-year-old cancer patient center of worldwide search for blood donors