The president, who puts a premium on loyalty, earlier hailed Nauert as "a supporter for a long time - really, excellent".
Just 18 months ago, she was not in government.
"I think there's a real sense that she can communicate effectively".
Trump frequently tweets quotes from Fox News personalities and programs, knowing how popular the conservative-leaning network. "It is for the president, but it isn't for me", Hirono said.
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) slammed Nauert's nomination on Friday, calling her "unqualified and Islamophobic".More news: Love Island winners Dani Dyer and Jack Fincham break-up
That's half-right. The position was indeed reduced to sub-Cabinet rank during the George W. Bush administration and restored to Cabinet rank by Obama.
The Washinton Post also quoted former state department official Brett Bruen as saying, "While Haley didn't bring foreign policy experience, she ran a state".
Ms Nauert was then appointed acting undersecretary of state for public diplomacy and public affairs and was for a time the highest-ranking woman and fourth highest-ranking official in the building.
By not selecting a veteran foreign policy or national security hand who might push back on his decisions or try to push him toward another option, Trump is making clear he is the diplomat-in-chief.
Under Tillerson, Nauert grew frustrated at not having close access to her immediate boss and had been seen as quitting to return to NY, where her family has remained. "And remember, a major part of the United Nations ambassador's job is public diplomacy". Tony Sayegh, a former Fox contributor, now serves in communications at the Treasury Department.More news: China and the USA agree not to impose new additional tariffs
Trump is expected to make the announcement on Friday, the reports said.
He told reporters at the White House that she is 'very talented, very smart, very quick.
She's a communicator by trade and training - she's being sent to sell the "America first" president's unique foreign policy approach to the rest of the world.
Who made the better point? The role of ambassador to the United Nations does not always have Cabinet level.
If confirmed, Nauert, a former Fox News anchor who has served as the public face of the State Department since previous year, would be one of the most prominent promoters of Trump's "America First" foreign policy.More news: Incredible Blood Clot Coughed Up Intact Stumps Doctors
Haley similarly had little foreign policy experience when appointed, although she had a national name as the governor of SC. I think about sleeping in. I do. "But President Trump, as much as he appeared to value her work and counsel, clearly views her as a threat".
- Why have seals been getting eels stuck up their noses?
- Gov. Cooper orders flags fly half-staff in remembrance of George HW Bush
- ‘America's Next Top Model’ Contestant Jael Strauss Dead At 34
- Dusted Heroes Won’t Feature In Any Of The Avengers 4 Marketing
- Greenland's ice is melting at an 'unprecedented rate'
- Bucks getting Hill, Smith in 3-team swap with Cavaliers, Wizards
- USS McCampbell, U.S. Navy destroyer, challenges Russian Federation in Sea of Japan
- SpaceX rocket booster misses landing as supplies sent to space
- Adonis Stevenson remains in 'critical condition' at Quebec University Hospital
- Tyler Perry pays for everyone's layaway items at two Atlanta Walmart locations