The Boston Red Sox appear to be closing in on a key contributor to the 2018 World Series.
According to MLB.com's Mark Feinsand via Twitter Thursday, the team has reached a four-year, $67.5 M contract agreement with Eovaldi to keep him as a member of the World Series champions.More news: Aston Martin can cram an EV powertrain into a classic Aston cars
Terms of the deal weren't divulged, but multiple reports peg the deal to be worth $68 million. Given the fact that Red Sox ace Chris Sale wasn't 100 percent, Eovaldi's performance as both a starter and bullpen arm was a major factor in the team winning their ninth World Series championship. He spent time with the New York Yankees prior to pitching in Tampa Bay, and he was out for a while after undergoing Tommy John surgery following that.
With that, the Red Sox have a almost complete roster four days before the start of the Winter Meetings, when the offseason usually kicks into high gear.More news: Trump Names State Department's Spokesperson Nauert as UN Ambassador
Eovaldi, who was traded to the Red Sox in July for Jalen Beeks, posted a 2-1 record in the postseason with a 1.61 ERA over 22 1/3 innings.
"We're very happy to have Nathan back with us", Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski said in a news release. Eovaldi's best work undoubtedly came in a marathon loss in Game 3 of the World Series, which saw him throw six innings of three-hit ball with the Sox having nearly no other option out of their bullpen.More news: Liverpool lose Joe Gomez for six weeks
- HIV infected woman drowns self in Karnataka, villagers drain lake
- China and the USA agree not to impose new additional tariffs
- Warren: Fury is Number 1 With Wilder, Joshua Now Sits at 3rd
- Drake, Kendrick Lamar, and Cardi B Lead Nominations for 2019 Grammys
- Greenland's ice is melting at an 'unprecedented rate'
- Ariana Grande Talks About What It's Like Dating in the Public Eye
- ‘America's Next Top Model’ Contestant Jael Strauss Dead At 34
- Alex Smith Battling Infection From Surgery on Broken Tibia, Fibula
- Bucks getting Hill, Smith in 3-team swap with Cavaliers, Wizards
- Love Island winners Dani Dyer and Jack Fincham break-up