The Boston Red Sox appear to be closing in on a key contributor to the 2018 World Series.
According to MLB.com's Mark Feinsand via Twitter Thursday, the team has reached a four-year, $67.5 M contract agreement with Eovaldi to keep him as a member of the World Series champions.More news: Love Island winners Dani Dyer and Jack Fincham break-up
Terms of the deal weren't divulged, but multiple reports peg the deal to be worth $68 million. Given the fact that Red Sox ace Chris Sale wasn't 100 percent, Eovaldi's performance as both a starter and bullpen arm was a major factor in the team winning their ninth World Series championship. He spent time with the New York Yankees prior to pitching in Tampa Bay, and he was out for a while after undergoing Tommy John surgery following that.
With that, the Red Sox have a almost complete roster four days before the start of the Winter Meetings, when the offseason usually kicks into high gear.More news: Incredible Blood Clot Coughed Up Intact Stumps Doctors
Eovaldi, who was traded to the Red Sox in July for Jalen Beeks, posted a 2-1 record in the postseason with a 1.61 ERA over 22 1/3 innings.
"We're very happy to have Nathan back with us", Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski said in a news release. Eovaldi's best work undoubtedly came in a marathon loss in Game 3 of the World Series, which saw him throw six innings of three-hit ball with the Sox having nearly no other option out of their bullpen.More news: Drake, Kendrick Lamar, and Cardi B Lead Nominations for 2019 Grammys
- Tyler Perry pays for everyone's layaway items at two Atlanta Walmart locations
- Canadian Prosecutors Accuse Huawei CFO Meng of Fraud Related to Iran Sanctions
- HIV infected woman drowns self in Karnataka, villagers drain lake
- China and the USA agree not to impose new additional tariffs
- Stranger Things 3: The Game Is Creeping Onto All Platforms
- Ariana Grande Talks About What It's Like Dating in the Public Eye
- Why have seals been getting eels stuck up their noses?
- Obsidian unveils sci-fi RPG that could steal Starfield's thunder
- Dusted Heroes Won’t Feature In Any Of The Avengers 4 Marketing
- SpaceX rocket booster misses landing as supplies sent to space