A day after the Uttarakhand HC disposed of a petition that sought a ban on the film "Kedarnath", saying those who didn't like it needn't watch it, the film was banned in Uttarakhand, which cited a law-and-order situation.
Talking more about the film, the actor said: "Working on this film has been very challenging because we have worked in extreme conditions, shot in freezing cold in Kedarnath and then shot in bombay in extreme heat... but it was worth it".More news: Father's emotional plea as police have 'grave fears' for backpacker
The screening of Kedarnath has been banned as a precautionary measure to avoid "disruption of peace". The court told Bharti to raise its objections with Maharaj's committee. The remaining six districts of the state do not have cinema halls.
The Uttarakhand High Court on Thursday refused to ban the film and asked the petitioners to approach the District Magistrate with their complaints. Nainital district first announced a ban, which was soon followed by Dehradun, Haridwar, Pauri, Tehri, Nainital, Almora and Udham Singh Nagar. The Gujarat High court called the action a publicity stunt and the extreme Hindu outfits are making it a big issue. The Censor board opposed the allegations in which they said that the movie is an imaginary story between a Muslim boy and a Brahmin girl.More news: Fatal brain-eating amoeba may have come from woman's neti pot
State Congress spokesperson Garima Mehra Dasauni said that while the Congress is in favour of promoting shooting in Uttarakhand, it is important to ensure that the said movie does not hurt religious sentiments. Also, kissing and romantic scenes in a holy place worshipped by crores of people is a sign of disrespect to the religion."There has been strong protest against the film, and it has been banned in Uttarakhand".
Directed by Abhishek Kapoor of Kai Po Che fame, Kedarnath is a love story of a Hindu tourist played by Sara and a Muslim porter (pithoo) played by Sushant, who takes her on the 14 kilometre-long pilgrimage from Gauri Kund to the shrine of Lord Shiva.More news: China launches rover for first far side of the moon landing
- Fend Off Highwaymen in Far Cry New Dawn’s Lush World
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive adds battle royale mode, goes free-to-play
- Gov. Cooper orders flags fly half-staff in remembrance of George HW Bush
- Incredible Blood Clot Coughed Up Intact Stumps Doctors
- Trump chooses chief of the Army to be top military adviser
- Dusted Heroes Won’t Feature In Any Of The Avengers 4 Marketing
- Epic Games’ store is now open, promises a free title every fortnight
- Florida woman slain in Costa Rica a ‘happy soul’
- Airplane skids off runway while trying to land in heavy rain
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled Revs Up its Engine Once More