Also, it won't go down on either men's record nor will there be judges scoring the contest.
There was no mention Thursday of a USA broadcaster, an undercard, or how much money Mayweather would receive for the spectacle. The officials also did not announce an American broadcaster.
The nine-minute exhibition in Japan will have no official victor or loser if it goes the distance, and Mayweather said at his training base in Las Vegas he was looking forward to the event as a chance to sample "something different". "Ultimately, I was asked to participate in a 9 minute exhibition of 3 rounds with an opponent selected by the 'Rizen (sic) Fighting Federation'". "9 minutes of entertainment". I love competing against fighters from all walks of life like in my amateur days.
Mayweather (50-0, 27 KOs), 41, of Las Vegas, came out of a two-year retirement in August 2017 and knocked out UFC superstar Conor McGregor in the 10th round of a massively hyped boxing match in what became the second-highest grossing event in combat-sports history, behind only Mayweather's 2015 victory over Manny Pacquiao. It's going to be unbelievable. That's what I go out there to do.
Now, Mayweather will be competing in a bout against undefeated kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa at RIZIN 14. "I love to do this".
Mayweather confirmed the fight would be purely an exhibition bout, for entertainment purposes, rather than as a legitimate sporting encounter, and the ruleset has been adjusted accordingly.Читайте также: Airplane skids off runway while trying to land in heavy rain
The exhibition will feature three-minute rounds, take place at 67kg (147 pounds), feature "straight boxing rules" and eight-ounce boxing gloves.
"The fight is very close and I'm training hard every day to face Mayweather and leave a mark", he said through an interpreter.
The rules for the "fight" were announced by a press release on Thursday, via MMA Fighting.
But on November 15, the CEO of Japanese mixed martial arts promoter RIZIN said a "misunderstanding" with Mayweather had been ironed out and the fight was back on. In fact (with all due respect) I have never heard of him until this recent trip to Japan.
Nasukawa, meanwhile, is hoping to a make a big impression against one of the greatest boxers of our generation.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Bucks getting Hill, Smith in 3-team swap with Cavaliers, Wizards
- Tillerson: Trump 'undisciplined,' wanted to break law
- Father's emotional plea as police have 'grave fears' for backpacker
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive adds battle royale mode, goes free-to-play
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled Revs Up its Engine Once More
- Obsidian unveils sci-fi RPG that could steal Starfield's thunder
- Six dead in stampede at Italian nightclub: Firefighters
- Teenager jailed for hoax bomb threats that caused Walsall College evacuation
- Schmidt scores twice as Knights beat Capitals 5-3
- Trump chooses chief of the Army to be top military adviser