Felder, 23, was arrested near Toronto early Monday morning after a reported physical altercation with a woman he has known for years, TMZ reported.
Felder was later arrested for assault and utter threats.More news: Florida woman slain in Costa Rica a ‘happy soul’
A second-round pick by the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2016, Felder played 42 games off the bench during the team's 2016-17 campaign, never appearing in a playoff game.
We're told the two got into an argument after dinner and Felder allegedly got violent and choked her, leaving nasty marks on her neck.
Among players recently arrested on domestic violence charges - a list that includes Jared Sullinger, Jeffery Taylor and Willie Reed - only Indiana Pacers guard Darren Collison is still active in the National Basketball Association. The Raptors waived him in October. The victim called a family member, who then called police.More news: Airplane skids off runway while trying to land in heavy rain
"As this matter is before the courts, Raptors 905 will not comment further", the statement read. He's now released from custody but is due back in court later this month.
Felder's contract is owned by the league, and his playing rights were assigned to the Raptors after he was cut during National Basketball Association training camp.
Felder averaged 18 points, four rebounds, and almost seven assists in 11 games for Raptors 905 this season.More news: Australia passes data encryption law
- Father's emotional plea as police have 'grave fears' for backpacker
- Trump chooses chief of the Army to be top military adviser
- Derek Fisher Lands New Head Coaching Gig
- Rules announced for Floyd Mayweather vs. Tenshin Nasukawa
- USA: Radio station stops playing 'Baby, It's Cold Outside'
- Man who ran over Charlottesville protester guilty of murder
- Twelve killed during attempted bank heists in Brazil
- Bound next-gen Jeep Grand Cherokee to have a three-row version
- Deputy killed by friendly fire in bar shootout
- Referee denies Tyson Fury count against Deontay Wilder was slow