Under the rules of the treaty, ships of non-riparian countries can not remain in the Black Sea for more than 21 days.
The US military has asked that the State Department apprise Turkey of its probable plans to sail a warship into the Black Sea, a maneuver they said is an answer to Russia's gestures against Ukraine in the Kerch Strait, which links the Black Sea of Azov.
"And by Ukraine calling for North Atlantic Treaty Organisation, and really the U.S. Sixth Fleet, to send more vessels into the Black Sea", says Maginnis, "is a confrontation that obviously Putin does not want because he wants to dominate the Black Sea". "We reserve the right to operate freely in accordance with worldwide laws and norms", he added.
The US has begun making the necessary preparations to sail a warship into the Black Sea, a move that comes amid heightened tensions in the region following Russia's seizure of Ukrainian ships and detention of Ukrainian sailors.
The incident was the most unsafe in years between the ex-Soviet neighbours, which have been locked in a confrontation since 2014 when Russian Federation annexed Crimea and supported an insurgency in eastern Ukraine. Russian jets have been shown regularly confronting, and shadowing, the surveillance planes.Читайте также: How to Watch Bournemouth vs. Liverpool
Russian Federation ultimately seized three ships, and 24 Ukrainian sailors, and has put them on trial on charges of illegal border crossing and other charges.
"It is Kremlin's regime who bears full responsibility for further aggravation of the situation in the Azov and Black Seas and for undermining the peaceful settlement of the Russian-Ukrainian armed conflict".
Russian Federation engaged in a confrontation on November 25 with Ukrainian vessels around the Kerch Strait, which links the Azov Sea and the Black Sea.
The Azov Sea is world's most shallow sea.
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko responded to the standoff by introducing martial law for 30 days, something Ukraine hadn't done even after Crimea's annexation and amid large-scale fighting between Ukrainian forces and Russia-backed separatists in 2014 and 2015.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Falcon 9 Rocket Crashes After Successful ISS Cargo Delivery
- US Rules Out Military Response to Russia-Ukraine Naval Escalation, Official Says
- Twelve killed during attempted bank heists in Brazil
- Cardi B reacts to her five Grammy nominations
- Trump ghostwriter ridicules belief John Kelly’s replacement will reel president in
- Brighton blow Palace away after Shane Duffy's red
- Italy police arrest mafia's alleged new mob boss in Sicily
- 2-year-old cancer patient center of worldwide search for blood donors
- Man who ran over Charlottesville protester guilty of murder
- Sears’ biggest holder bids $4.6B for rest of bankrupt chain