Reports last night broke from the very reliable Dutch source De Telegraaf which stated Ajax defensive midfielder Frenkie de Jong had chosen to join PSG over Manchester City, Manchester United, and Barcelona.
"I like to watch the great players, the ones who are technically good and understand the game", De Jong told the Guardian.
The 21-year-old Dutch worldwide has impressed at club and global level this year, alerting the likes of Barcelona, Manchester United, Liverpool and Manchester City to his talents.
Current PSG star Kylian Mbappe had recommended the player and the idea of living in Paris was - unbelievably - more attractive to De Jong than the prospect of living in Manchester. Ajax director Marc Overmars has admitted to holding talks with the French giants and they are willing to pay the asking price recently set by the former Arsenal winger.More news: Trump ghostwriter ridicules belief John Kelly’s replacement will reel president in
The 21-year-old midfielder has become one of Europe's most sought after products after starring for the Eredivisie side over the past year.
Mbappe has been keen on the club bringing De Jong to France to take up the playmaker role.
"I want to finish this season well with Ajax". Then we will see.
Frenkie de Jong remains firmly committed to Ajax for the immediate future, says his agent, as rumours continue to swirl on the Dutchman's future.More news: Putin moving chess pieces to control Black Sea
"The rumours appeared again today and I'm sure it will stay like this for a while, but I think we're handling it well".
"I don't pay attention to it", De Jong said.
Expounding on the transfer speculation, in particular the stories surrounding a big-money bid from Ligue 1 champions PSG, he added: "It's an issue since the start of the season".More news: Stars reach Udaipur for Isha Ambani’s pre-wedding celebrations
- Falcon 9 Rocket Crashes After Successful ISS Cargo Delivery
- Man who ran over Charlottesville protester guilty of murder
- Rwandan court drops all charges against opposition figure
- Arsenal Players Filmed Inhaling 'Hippy Crack' In Nightclub
- Cardi B reacts to her five Grammy nominations
- Paris on lockdown for gilets jaunes protests
- Jeff Goldblum's 'Thank U, Jeff' hilariously parodies Ariana Grande
- PGA of America officially announces move from Palm Beach Gardens to Texas
- 2-year-old cancer patient center of worldwide search for blood donors
- France tops OECD list of most taxed countries