The PGA of America is leaving Florida for a $520 million development in the Dallas area with two golf courses that will bring major championship golf back to Texas.
Now located in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., the PGA of America plans to employ at least 100 people at its new headquarters. He will be discussing the mental and physical fitness routines that have helped him find success over the course of a four decade career on the golf course.
The PGA and its partner organizations all approved what they called a "groundbreaking" agreement that will bring two PGA Championships, two KPMG Women's PGA Championships, and a potential Ryder Cup tournament to Frisco.More news: Alleged Samsung Galaxy S10 Images Leak Highlighting Triple Rear Cameras
"With PGA Frisco, the PGA of America begins an exciting new chapter in our 102-year history", said PGA of America Chief Membership Officer John Easterbrook.
To develop unparalleled educational opportunities for students in fields related to sport entertainment management, the University of North Texas and the Professional Golfers' Association of America signed a memorandum of understanding on education, research and branding initiatives for both entities.
The economic impact to Frisco is expected to be more than $2.5 billion over the next 20 years.More news: Teenager jailed for hoax bomb threats that caused Walsall College evacuation
In a news release, the PGA of America said the new headquarters will be a 600-acre, mixed-use development worth more than $500 million. The PGA of America said it will invest $30 million to construct its 100,000-square-foot global headquarters and education facility. The golf courses, clubhouse, practice areas and associated public facilities will be owned by the city.
$14.3 million in long-term incentives from Frisco Economic Development Corp. He is a two time Masters champ, and ten-time member of the European Ryder Cup team. The hotel, convention center, and other facilities are expected to open within six months of that date.
It's an interesting move as the PGA of America will be moving from Palm Beach County to the suburb of suburbs in north Texas.More news: Referee denies Tyson Fury count against Deontay Wilder was slow
However, the first major tournament slated for Texas is the 2023 Senior PGA Championship.
- Father's emotional plea as police have 'grave fears' for backpacker
- Falcon 9 Rocket Crashes After Successful ISS Cargo Delivery
- Rules announced for Floyd Mayweather vs. Tenshin Nasukawa
- Diogo Dalot: Manchester United hosting Fulham a 'big game' after winless run
- Australia passes data encryption law
- Arsenal Players Filmed Inhaling 'Hippy Crack' In Nightclub
- Man who ran over Charlottesville protester guilty of murder
- Twelve killed during attempted bank heists in Brazil
- Derek Fisher Lands New Head Coaching Gig
- Airplane skids off runway while trying to land in heavy rain