The U.S. Navy sent a farewell message to one of its former service members, George H.W. Bush, who happened to be the youngest aviator during World War II. "George H.W. Bush was a man of the highest character and the best dad a son or daughter could ask for".
The president and first lady Melania Trump will attend the funeral at Washington National Cathedral, Sanders said. It coincided with a swing in the nation as a whole toward more tribal politics.More news: Love Island winners Dani Dyer and Jack Fincham break-up
In August 2015, Mr Trump tweeted a dig at the Bush presidency writing: "The last thing we need is another Bush in the White House". The chairman of the National Governor's Association at the time was then-Arkansas Gov. Bill Clinton, who later defeated Bush in the 1992 presidential election. During the 2016 Republican presidential primaries, Trump mercilessly mocked one of Bush's sons, Jeb Bush, as "low energy", and attacked the policies of another of his sons, George W. Bush.
"It is with great sadness that we mark the passing of one of America's greatest points of light", Trump said in a statement. "The exchange will observe a minute of silence to honor President Bush on Monday".More news: Alex Smith Battling Infection From Surgery on Broken Tibia, Fibula
Former American President George HW Bush was a leading statesman at a critical juncture of world history and passionate about strong Indo-US relations, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said today. He contrasted it with his own campaign slogan, saying "Putting America first, we understand. Thousand points of light, I never quite got that one". "As president, he set the stage for the decades of prosperity that have followed".
The White House said Saturday President Donald Trump would declare December 5th a national day of mourning for the country's 41st president. "And I think in an odd way, he made it look so easy that people don't appreciate how hard a task he had".More news: Sound From Mars Heard For First Time On Earth
"I don't know much about him, but I know he's a blowhard", Bush added. "And I'm not too excited about him being a leader".
- Ariana Grande Talks About What It's Like Dating in the Public Eye
- First baby born after deceased womb transplant in Brazil
- China and the USA agree not to impose new additional tariffs
- I've been in therapy for years: Jennifer Aniston
- ‘America's Next Top Model’ Contestant Jael Strauss Dead At 34
- Liverpool lose Joe Gomez for six weeks
- Greenland's ice is melting at an 'unprecedented rate'
- College Station Students Remember George HW Bush
- Warren: Fury is Number 1 With Wilder, Joshua Now Sits at 3rd
- HIV infected woman drowns self in Karnataka, villagers drain lake