The biggest hook for players now is that Epic will be giving away a free game every two weeks. Developers get 88 per cent of the the money that comes in from sales of their games on the platform.
Epic Games launched the company's game store today; interested gamers can head over to the official Store front on the Epic Games website to browse what it has to offer and download the client to the local system. The first will be Subnautica, available between 14 and 27 December 2018, and the second Super Meat Boy, between 28 December 2018 and 10 January 2019. With Hades, we knew we really wanted to create a game we could develop in partnership with the community, and from talking to the folks at Epic, we realized their store would be the flawless place to conduct our latest experiment.More news: Aston Martin can cram an EV powertrain into a classic Aston cars
The main page for the Epic store lists another nine games as "coming soon". I've got a strong suspicion (and semi-legit sources) that epic wants creators to build things for their games and be able to sell it.
Those include Supergiant's new roguelike Hades, Tinybuild's stealth-horror prequel Hello Neighbour: Hide and Seek, A44's action-RPG Ashen, Gunfire Games' hack-and-slash threequel Darksiders III, and Epic's own smash-hit Fortnite.More news: Incredible Blood Clot Coughed Up Intact Stumps Doctors
On top of new games, it's now confirmed that acclaimed PlayStation exclusive Journey is heading to PC via the Epic Games Store, published by Annapurna Interactive. "We think developing 'Hades" in Early Access is key to making it the best game it can be, which is our goal", it said.More news: ‘America's Next Top Model’ Contestant Jael Strauss Dead At 34
How Epic manages developer expectations will be a point of concern. CEO Tim Sweeney's tirade against Microsoft's UWP platform and the more recent Fortnite on Android drama has given the game developer and publisher a more "pro-developer" image.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive adds battle royale mode, goes free-to-play
- Talks 'intensifying' between Red Sox, Nathan Eovaldi
- Ariana Grande Talks About What It's Like Dating in the Public Eye
- Greenland's ice is melting at an 'unprecedented rate'
- Tyler Perry pays for everyone's layaway items at two Atlanta Walmart locations
- Obsidian unveils sci-fi RPG that could steal Starfield's thunder
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled Revs Up its Engine Once More
- Stranger Things 3: The Game Is Creeping Onto All Platforms
- Dragon Age 4 gets first teaser trailer at The Game Awards
- Drake, Kendrick Lamar, and Cardi B Lead Nominations for 2019 Grammys