The biggest hook for players now is that Epic will be giving away a free game every two weeks. Developers get 88 per cent of the the money that comes in from sales of their games on the platform.
Epic Games launched the company's game store today; interested gamers can head over to the official Store front on the Epic Games website to browse what it has to offer and download the client to the local system. The first will be Subnautica, available between 14 and 27 December 2018, and the second Super Meat Boy, between 28 December 2018 and 10 January 2019. With Hades, we knew we really wanted to create a game we could develop in partnership with the community, and from talking to the folks at Epic, we realized their store would be the flawless place to conduct our latest experiment.More news: Dragon Age 4 gets first teaser trailer at The Game Awards
The main page for the Epic store lists another nine games as "coming soon". I've got a strong suspicion (and semi-legit sources) that epic wants creators to build things for their games and be able to sell it.
Those include Supergiant's new roguelike Hades, Tinybuild's stealth-horror prequel Hello Neighbour: Hide and Seek, A44's action-RPG Ashen, Gunfire Games' hack-and-slash threequel Darksiders III, and Epic's own smash-hit Fortnite.More news: New Jeep Wrangler Disappoints With 1 Star In Europe NCAP Crash Tests
On top of new games, it's now confirmed that acclaimed PlayStation exclusive Journey is heading to PC via the Epic Games Store, published by Annapurna Interactive. "We think developing 'Hades" in Early Access is key to making it the best game it can be, which is our goal", it said.More news: Trump Names State Department's Spokesperson Nauert as UN Ambassador
How Epic manages developer expectations will be a point of concern. CEO Tim Sweeney's tirade against Microsoft's UWP platform and the more recent Fortnite on Android drama has given the game developer and publisher a more "pro-developer" image.
- SpaceX rocket booster misses landing as supplies sent to space
- Obsidian unveils sci-fi RPG that could steal Starfield's thunder
- Gov. Cooper orders flags fly half-staff in remembrance of George HW Bush
- Drake, Kendrick Lamar, and Cardi B Lead Nominations for 2019 Grammys
- The Gorgeous Nissan GT-R50 Enters Production
- Bucks getting Hill, Smith in 3-team swap with Cavaliers, Wizards
- Dusted Heroes Won’t Feature In Any Of The Avengers 4 Marketing
- Greenland's ice is melting at an 'unprecedented rate'
- Ariana Grande Talks About What It's Like Dating in the Public Eye
- Fatal brain-eating amoeba may have come from woman's neti pot