Tillerson, speaking at a fundraiser for the MD Anderson Cancer Center, said on Thursday that Trump had a much different style than his own.
'I'd say here's what we can do.More news: Altria investing $2.4B in Canadian cannabis producer Cronos
Though he had been forewarned that Trump was unhappy with him, Tillerson learned of his dismissal through a tweet in which Trump congratulated his new pick for the job, Mike Pompeo, and concluded with a breezy, "Thank you to Rex Tillerson for his service!"
The US President lashed out at Mr Tillerson in an unprecedented series on insults published earlier today on Twitter. "It's really a concern I have about us as Americans, and us as a society, and us as citizens". "But it's not his intent to act on impulse".
"It violates the law", he said at a rare public appearance in Houston. "Now it is a whole new ballgame, great spirit at State!"
Mr Tillerson called the president "a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn't like to read, doesn't read briefing reports, doesn't like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kind of says, 'This is what I believe'". "It violates the law".More news: Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled Revs Up its Engine Once More
If you had "Rex Tillerson vs. Donald Trump beef" on your "What Previously Impossible to Predict Political Story Will Happen Today" bingo card: Congrats, you nailed it!
Perhaps the most damning quote came when Tillerson talked about how Trump as president regularly attempted to do things that violated the law.
The pair's inability to get along was an open secret, especially after NBC News reported in October 2017 that Tillerson had referred to Trump as a "moron".
Tillerson also seemed to criticize the way that Trump disseminates his message to mass audiences - and turned the criticism onto Americans who seem to be happy with it. At several points in his tenure, reports of his criticisms of the president frequently reached the press, including one instance where he called Trump a "f-ing moron".More news: Obsidian unveils sci-fi RPG that could steal Starfield's thunder
- Australia passes data encryption law
- Bound next-gen Jeep Grand Cherokee to have a three-row version
- Derek Fisher Lands New Head Coaching Gig
- Rules announced for Floyd Mayweather vs. Tenshin Nasukawa
- Six dead in stampede at Italian nightclub: Firefighters
- Trump chooses chief of the Army to be top military adviser
- USA: Radio station stops playing 'Baby, It's Cold Outside'
- Cowboys QB Dak Prescott responds to Eagles' trash talk
- China launches rover for first far side of the moon landing
- Talks 'intensifying' between Red Sox, Nathan Eovaldi