The Washington Wizards joined the trade as a third team and acquired Dekker from the Bucks for Jason Smith. The Bucks are also sending John Henson to the Cavaliers in the deal, as well as a first-round and second-round pick in 2021.More news: Adonis Stevenson remains in 'critical condition' at Quebec University Hospital
The trade is the second of it's kind for the struggling Cavaliers this season, who continue to unload veterans for future assets. He's now averaging 10.8 points, 2.8 assists and 2.1 rebounds per game this season.
The deal also has implications for Thon Maker, who looks set to establish himself as Milwaukee's backup big man moving forward, with Henson now in Cleveland, although he will have to compete with Smith for those minutes. He is averaging 6.3 points and 3.7 rebounds per game.
The undersized point guard averaged 5.7 points and 3.4 assists per game during his three seasons in Cleveland, including an epic 2015 Finals performance that saw him score 20 points in Game 3 while leading the Cavaliers to victory.More news: HIV infected woman drowns self in Karnataka, villagers drain lake
Henson recently underwent surgery to fix a torn ligament in his left wrist.
In 12 appearances this season, Dellavedova is averaging 1.7 points, 0.8 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game.
Milwaukee now has the second-best record in the Eastern Conference, trailing the Toronto Raptors by 3.5 games, and managed to save around $18 million in cap space for next season by moving two hefty contracts in the deal.More news: Sound From Mars Heard For First Time On Earth
- Trump Names State Department's Spokesperson Nauert as UN Ambassador
- China and the USA agree not to impose new additional tariffs
- Warren: Fury is Number 1 With Wilder, Joshua Now Sits at 3rd
- Infighting hits Merkel's party before vote on successor
- Canadian Prosecutors Accuse Huawei CFO Meng of Fraud Related to Iran Sanctions
- Dusted Heroes Won’t Feature In Any Of The Avengers 4 Marketing
- Stranger Things 3: The Game Is Creeping Onto All Platforms
- USS McCampbell, U.S. Navy destroyer, challenges Russian Federation in Sea of Japan
- First baby born after deceased womb transplant in Brazil
- ‘America's Next Top Model’ Contestant Jael Strauss Dead At 34