Its power is managed via a discreet screen inside the auto.
Classic cars are not on their way out.
Aston Martin aims to keep the interior as original as possible only installing a small screen to control the EV powertrain
Aston Martin said the Heritage EV solution is part of its wider electrification effort that includes the development by Aston Martin Works of the Rapide E and an all-new range of electric-powered Lagondas. Aston Martin Works has announced an official electric conversion program making the British marque, one of the first to do such work in-house.
Said prototype vehicle is a 1970 Aston Martin DB6 Mark II Volante, which trades its original 4.0-liter inline-six for a "cassette" style electric powertrain, which occupies the same space and uses the same mounts as the factory engine and transmission. The DB6's new powertrain exists entirely within the area occupied by the original engine and gearbox.More news: Tyler Perry pays for everyone's layaway items at two Atlanta Walmart locations
Aston Martin is following Jaguar's lead with a reversible electric auto conversion for classic models, and the first to receive the treatment is a 1970 DB6 MkII Volante.
Aston Martin is taking a page from the Jaguar playbook and is offering up the ability to put an electric powertrain into a classic Aston Martin.More news: AP top player Murray adds O’Brien; Tua wins Camp
Drawing upon the company's knowledge gained from the Rapide E and upcoming Lagonda models, Aston Martin Works developed what it calls a "cassette" EV powertrain that can be integrated seamlessly into classic models, and is "sympathetic to the integrity of the original vehicle". Cords from the power unit then feed the car's electrical systems. When went on to say "Our Second Century Plan not only encompasses our new and future models, but also protects our treasured heritage. I believe this not only makes Aston Martin unique, but a truly forward-thinking leader in this field".
Aston's conversion offers classic motoring with a social conscience. Heritage EV conversions are expected to start in 2019. While there was no official word on the costs involved, we would confidently predict it to be a number with LOTS of zeros in it.More news: Warren: Fury is Number 1 With Wilder, Joshua Now Sits at 3rd
- Ariana Grande Talks About What It's Like Dating in the Public Eye
- Stranger Things 3: The Game Is Creeping Onto All Platforms
- Drake, Kendrick Lamar, and Cardi B Lead Nominations for 2019 Grammys
- China and the USA agree not to impose new additional tariffs
- Why have seals been getting eels stuck up their noses?
- USS McCampbell, U.S. Navy destroyer, challenges Russian Federation in Sea of Japan
- Love Island winners Dani Dyer and Jack Fincham break-up
- Arsenal Break Silence On Stars Filmed Doing 'Hippy Crack'
- Greenland's ice is melting at an 'unprecedented rate'
- New Jeep Wrangler Disappoints With 1 Star In Europe NCAP Crash Tests