Instead, country singer Kacey Musgraves beat him to the punch with a nomination for album of the year. Lamar was nominated for the Black Panther album compilation he executive produced for the blockbuster film. She has garnered 10 awards and is the only woman to win album of the year twice.
Six songs are up for both record and song of the year: Lamar and SZA's All the Stars; Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper's Shallow, from the A Star Is Born soundtrack; Childish Gambino's This Is America; Drake's God's Plan; Zedd, Maren Morris and Grey's The Middle; and Carlile's The Joke.
And Cardi B - the 26-year-old rapper from New York's Bronx neighborhood whose "Bodak Yellow" catapulted her to runaway success - scored five, including two of the most prestigious. His album "Ye" did not receive any nods. Fellow Black Panther song "King's Dead" was nominated for Best Rap Performance and Rap Song.More news: Infighting hits Merkel's party before vote on successor
Other nominated solos are by violinist Regina Carter, on the title track of Karrin Allyson's Some Of That Sunshine; trumpeter John Daversa, on "Don't Fence Me In", from his big band album American Dreamers: Voices Of Hope, Music Of Freedom; and Zenón, for "Cadenas", from Yo Soy La Tradición, which is also a nominee for Best Latin Jazz Album.
Ella Mai was also nominated in the Song of the Year category for her heavily rotated hit "Boo'd Up". While the duo did secure three nominations including, Best Urban Contemporary Album, Best R&B Performance, and Best Music Video for "APESHIT", folks are big mad that they were not nominated in some of the major categories, specifically Album Of The Year. Jay-Z has voiced his discontent with the Recording Academy before.
Best New Artist Grammy victor and Ontario-born Alessia Cara, fellow Canadian-born singer Shawn Mendes, past nominee and Apple Music host Zane Lowe, and former nominee Janelle Monae will kick off the 2019 ceremony by revealing the nods live on "CBS This Morning" and Apple Music.More news: Love Island winners Dani Dyer and Jack Fincham break-up
THE GREATEST SHOWMAN has been nominated for Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media and "This is Me" from the soundtrack was nominated for Best Song Written for Visual Media.
Nominees across the genre's were more diverse list this year due to the outcry over the lack of color at last year's award ceremony.More news: College Station Students Remember George HW Bush
- A new traielr for 'Captain Marvel' is here-- watch it below!
- Warren: Fury is Number 1 With Wilder, Joshua Now Sits at 3rd
- Ex-MLBers Luis Valbuena, Jose Castillo Die In Car Crash In Venezuela
- Why Christmas Tree Farms Are Blaming Shortage on 2008 Recession
- ‘America's Next Top Model’ Contestant Jael Strauss Dead At 34
- HIV infected woman drowns self in Karnataka, villagers drain lake
- CNN’s NYC Headquarters Evacuated After Bomb Threat
- Trump says Mueller and Comey are 'Best Friends'
- What song is playing in the Mortal Kombat 11 trailer?
- China confident of agreeing United States trade deal despite Trump's combative stance