Her family are understandably mourning her death, telling TMZ, "The one blessing was that we were able to show her how loved she was before she passed". "Jael, being the selfless person that she is, has helped countless people throughout her life as an advocate for recovery and social justice", the page reads.
A GoFundMe page for Strauss confirmed she died Tuesday, about two months after she first announced she had stage IV breast cancer. She also noted that the cancer was incurable and had spread aggressively throughout her body. "I don't want to die", she added. "I need another one of those miracles that I got back in 2013" ― a reference to her overcoming substance abuse that year.
Jael died in hospice at about 11AM on Tuesday after a brief battle with breast cancer, TMZ reported. She will dance at how we celebrate her life by spreading the love that she lived by daily with a reckless abandon.More news: College Station Students Remember George HW Bush
The model began chemotherapy after her diagnosis but had made a decision to stop the treatment by Halloween and entered hospice care a couple of weeks later. Good God! I know a few things to be true: Miracles are real. "Or death. So many things", she wrote on Facebook at the time.
After the diagnosis became public, Strauss' loved ones set up a GoFundMe page to help pay for her medical bills.
Jael was a contestant on season eight of "America's Next Top Model" in 2007 when she was 22, and placed sixth in the competition.
Jael Strauss lost her battle with breast cancer.More news: Tyler Perry pays for everyone's layaway items at two Atlanta Walmart locations
Our thoughts are with Strauss' loved ones during this hard time.
Stage IV, or metastatic breast cancer, isn't the same for everyone.More news: Trump says he'll nominate William Barr to be attorney general
- Ocasio-Cortez Promises $15-an-hour Intern "Living Wage" (Math & Economics Disagree)
- Manchester United v Fulham
- CNN’s NYC Headquarters Evacuated After Bomb Threat
- Real Madrid Midfielder Isco Alarcon Frustated Over Playing Time, Liverpool Links Continues
- Infighting hits Merkel's party before vote on successor
- Trump says Mueller and Comey are 'Best Friends'
- A new traielr for 'Captain Marvel' is here-- watch it below!
- Alex Smith Battling Infection From Surgery on Broken Tibia, Fibula
- Love Island winners Dani Dyer and Jack Fincham break-up
- AP top player Murray adds O’Brien; Tua wins Camp