The Marine Corps has punished two aviators who flew their aircraft deliberately to draw a giant penis in the skies over California's Salton Sea.
Search and rescue operations were underway following a "mishap".
The last major USA military aircraft incident occurred in May when an Air National Guard C-130 cargo plane crashed outside Savannah, killing all nine personnel on board. "Japanese search and rescue aircraft immediately responded to aid in recovery".More news: Cops deny "chaos" following Global Citizen festival in Joburg
Reports citing Marines officials indicate the incident involved a KC-130 refueling aircraft and a F/A-18 fighter jet, carrying 7 personnel in total.
Further details about the incident were not immediately released.
A spokesman for Japan's Self-Defense Forces said that one of the airmen had been rescued but the immediate fate of the remaining crew members was unclear.More news: Huawei's quickly closing the global phone sales gap to Samsung
The statement concluded by saying that "the investigation is ongoing" and "no other information is yet available".
UPDATE: This story was updated at 5:45 P.M. on December 5 after one of the missing Marines was found alive.More news: Kevin Hart to Host 2019 Academy Awards
- Flu season hits MS ; health officials provide recommendations
- Mbappe: Wenger was such a gentleman when I rejected Arsenal
- Microsoft throws shade at the iPad, calls it a fake computer
- Police Target ‘Ndrangheta Italian Mafia in Raids Across Europe
- Uri Trailer: Vicky Kaushal Is Bent On Revenge. His Performance Is Intense
- PETA asks people to stop using 'bring home the bacon'
- Chevrolet Silverado HD looks as brutish and bulky as ever
- Rovman Powell named Windies captain for Bangladesh ODIs
- America's Next Top Model star Jael Strauss dead
- Pokemon GO is finally getting player-vs-player battling