The Marine Corps has punished two aviators who flew their aircraft deliberately to draw a giant penis in the skies over California's Salton Sea.
Search and rescue operations were underway following a "mishap".
The last major USA military aircraft incident occurred in May when an Air National Guard C-130 cargo plane crashed outside Savannah, killing all nine personnel on board. "Japanese search and rescue aircraft immediately responded to aid in recovery".More news: Cops deny "chaos" following Global Citizen festival in Joburg
Reports citing Marines officials indicate the incident involved a KC-130 refueling aircraft and a F/A-18 fighter jet, carrying 7 personnel in total.
Further details about the incident were not immediately released.
A spokesman for Japan's Self-Defense Forces said that one of the airmen had been rescued but the immediate fate of the remaining crew members was unclear.More news: Soros-founded school says it is being forced out of Hungary
The statement concluded by saying that "the investigation is ongoing" and "no other information is yet available".
UPDATE: This story was updated at 5:45 P.M. on December 5 after one of the missing Marines was found alive.More news: George HW Bush's final journey to the Capitol
- David Attenborough's Dire Climate Warning: ‘Our Greatest Threat In Thousands Of Years'
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas' Grand Delhi Reception!
- 1st baby born using uterus transplanted from deceased donor
- Microsoft throws shade at the iPad, calls it a fake computer
- All 8 Cities And Stadiums Confirmed For New XFL Teams
- Police Target ‘Ndrangheta Italian Mafia in Raids Across Europe
- This simple test could one day tell you if you have cancer
- Uri Trailer: Vicky Kaushal Is Bent On Revenge. His Performance Is Intense
- Mbappe: Wenger was such a gentleman when I rejected Arsenal
- Rovman Powell named Windies captain for Bangladesh ODIs