Thousands of O2 mobile phone users have been left unable to access the internet because of a technical fault.
O2 said its technical teams are working with its supplier's teams to fix the problem. Customers in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow, Bristol, Liverpool, Leeds, Nottingham, Croydon and Edinburgh have reported the outage.
Calls are still working, O2 said.More news: Angry Sarri accuses players of complacency after Chelsea defeat
"We apologise for any inconvenience", the firm said, after problems were first reported at around 5.30am.
MOBILE phone users across the Isle of Wight are facing network problems this morning, as 4G and data services on O2 have stopped working.
The issue is also impacting customers of MVNOs that piggyback on O2's infrastructure, like GiffGaff, Tesco Mobile, and Lyca Mobile. Transport information services have also been affected. Transport for London said: "The company that updates the data to our network of Countdown Systems is now experiencing difficulties in providing this service".More news: Fears growing for backpacker Grace Millane missing in New Zealand
As a result users have been experiencing issues with 3G and 4G services, with others unable to make calls or send texts. The company estimated 32.1 million people use its mobile network in the UK. "We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this".
"Updates will be shared here as soon they are available".
"Our technical teams are working with their teams to ensure this is fixed as quickly as possible".More news: Canada arrests Huawei CFO on request of U.S. authorities
Some customers can not even reach the service status page.
- Bug Results In Fallout 76 Users Seeing Other People's Support Tickets
- Oil prices skid amid global stock market slump, swelling USA supply
- Kate and William visit military personnel at RAF base in Cyprus
- Flu season hits MS ; health officials provide recommendations
- Colorado Boy Convinces Town To Overturn Ban On Snowball Fights
- WATCH KPRC2's special 'Remembering Houston's President, George H.W. Bush'
- Denver Nuggets edge Toronto Raptors 106-103
- British telco to strip China's Huawei from core networks, limit 5G access
- Russian HIV Patients Deal With Persistent Stigma As Incidence Rises
- HMD announce their next Android One phone the Nokia 8.1