"We should never forget our military families and all the service you do for us all".
Image The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge meet members of 31 SQN and other operational personnel in a hangar at RAF Akrotiri
William and Kate passed on Christmas presents they had received from family members whom they met in London on Tuesday, Kensington Palace said on its official Twitter account. "On behalf of everyone back home, we would like to say thank you". Thank you for your commitments and thank you for your sacrifices.More news: Rouhani: If US blocks Iran’s oil exports, will close trade route
"As we approach Christmas, Catherine and I feel strongly that praise for your work and recognition of your sacrifices is exactly what is due to you all".
Sqn Ldr Waghorn, a senior engineer who works on Typhoon jets, said: "To have such high profile visitors coming to say thank you is a real honour".More news: Tom Cruise Is Going To War With A Setting On Your TV
The couple are flying to RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus on Wednesday where some of the loved ones of the families they met are based, and will take with them a collection of early Christmas presents for the RAF personnel, some of which are based at RAF Marham, near King's Lynn in Norfolk. She attended a celebration for military families at Kensington Palace with Prince William, and there was even faux snow to further add to the spirit of the season.
Later, William and Kate joined a Christmas afternoon tea where families stationed on the base were enjoying a selection of cakes and pastries. Sat a few seats away from William were flight sergeant David Sheppard, 48, and Sergeant Dickie Myers, 32, who were part of the RAF Search and Rescue crews at RAF Valley on Anglesey when the royal flew rescue missions from the base.More news: Angry Sarri accuses players of complacency after Chelsea defeat
The proud parents chatted happily about their children, with William telling pilots: 'I told George this morning we were going to see the pilots today, and he said "If you see a helicopter can you take a picture?"'
- Tom Cruise's Impassioned Twitter Plea May Solve A Common Problem
- The Cut Is Getting Thrashed For Calling Priyanka Chopra A "Scam Artist"
- Colorado Boy Convinces Town To Overturn Ban On Snowball Fights
- South Korean President Still Hopes to Host Kim Jong Un This Year
- Denver Nuggets edge Toronto Raptors 106-103
- Oil prices skid amid global stock market slump, swelling USA supply
- Police Target ‘Ndrangheta Italian Mafia in Raids Across Europe
- UK, France, US Concerned Over Iran Missile Test
- Google confirms Allo will shutdown in March
- Huawei's quickly closing the global phone sales gap to Samsung