However, Malinga, who had been troubled in the recent past by injuries, made a successful comeback to worldwide cricket in 2018 and is bidding to represent Sri Lanka at next year's World Cup.
The two Australian batsmen have made the decision, keeping in mind a busy schedule and the Cricket World Cup, which will start in England, weeks after the conclusion of IPL, according to ESPNCricinfo.
Among the Indians, Yuvraj Singh - after a dismal IPL 2018 - will enter the auction with a base price of Rs 1 crore.More news: SpaceX Suffers Malfunction in Landing of Falcon 9 ISS Resupply Mission
Among other countries, 28 contestants from Sri Lanka, 17 from New Zealand and 10 from Bangladesh will go through the auction.
One player each from Hong Kong, Ireland, Netherlands and US have also registered for the auctions. A total of 1003 players will battle it out for the 70 spots available in the eight IPL franchises.
There are 800 uncapped players with 746 being Indians.More news: WATCH KPRC2's special 'Remembering Houston's President, George H.W. Bush'
In the Rs 2 crore bracket list, there are no Indians and the list is populated by veterans of the game as well as find of the India-England Test series, Sam Curran. And Mohammad Shami, Axar Patel and Wriddhiman Saha - who has been out of the Indian team due to a streak of injuries - also enter the auction with a Rs 1 crore base price.
Mumbai Indians will look to fill just one overseas spot while Knight Riders can buy the maximum number of overseas players - five.. Franchises have to submit their final shortlist of players before 5pm on December 10.
However, for the first time in the history of IPL, Richard Madley won't be the auctioneer.More news: Joshua calls out 'fool' Wilder and Fury
- US Marine aircraft suffer 'mishap' off Japanese coast, search-and-rescue underway
- Canada arrests Huawei CFO on request of U.S. authorities
- UK, France, US Concerned Over Iran Missile Test
- Denver Nuggets edge Toronto Raptors 106-103
- Russian HIV Patients Deal With Persistent Stigma As Incidence Rises
- Oil prices skid amid global stock market slump, swelling USA supply
- Tom Cruise's Impassioned Twitter Plea May Solve A Common Problem
- Flu season hits MS ; health officials provide recommendations
- Fears growing for backpacker Grace Millane missing in New Zealand
- HMD announce their next Android One phone the Nokia 8.1