"Killing Eve's" Sandra Oh and "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" star Andy Samberg will co-host the award show on Sunday, Jan. 6, 2019, at The Beverly Hilton.
"Sandra and Andy are the ideal choices to host this world-class event", said Paul Telegdy and George Cheeks, Co-Chairmen, NBC Entertainment.More news: Canada arrests CFO of China's Huawei Technologies
Oh and Samberg teamed up in September when they presented the Emmy Award for best director of a comedy, which went to Amy Sherman-Palladino of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel".
"We're excited to welcome Sandra Oh and Andy Samberg as co-hosts of Hollywood's Party of the Year", Hollywood Foreign Press Association President Meher Tatna also shared in a statement. In recent years, the Golden Globes has repeatedly succeeded where the Oscars hasn't, largely because of a looser attitude towards the night, and a willingness to bet on the slightly left-of-centre with regards to hosting choices. Oh, meanwhile, now stars (and serves as co-executive producer) on BBC America's "Killing Eve", for which she was nominated for Best Actress in a Drama at this year's Emmys. The news comes just a little over a month before the actual award show. The Golden Globes led NBC to the nightlong win in total viewers despite National Football League playoff competition.More news: Canada arrests Huawei CFO on request of U.S. authorities
Both Samberg and Oh have had a pretty fantastic year on television in 2018. Dick Clark Productions executive chairman Allen Shapiro, CEO Mike Mahan and EVP of television Barry Adelman will serve as executive producers. This year, she became the first actress of Asian ethnicity to receive an Emmy nomination for drama series lead, for Killing Eve. "Brooklyn Nine-Nine", on which he stars as Detective Jake Peralta, was canceled by Fox in May after five seasons.More news: Rouhani: If US blocks Iran’s oil exports, will close trade route
- PETA asks people to stop using 'bring home the bacon'
- Oil prices skid amid global stock market slump, swelling USA supply
- Joshua calls out 'fool' Wilder and Fury
- Hodgson feared missed chances would haunt Crystal Palace
- HMD announce their next Android One phone the Nokia 8.1
- Flu season hits MS ; health officials provide recommendations
- Cops deny "chaos" following Global Citizen festival in Joburg
- Kate and William visit military personnel at RAF base in Cyprus
- Huawei's quickly closing the global phone sales gap to Samsung
- Denver Nuggets edge Toronto Raptors 106-103