Murray, from Kitchener, Ont., had 21 points to help lead the Nuggets to a 106-103 victory over Toronto, and Denver's sixth consecutive win.
"It's amusing, I was looking at his stats the last five games, we won five in a row, he was averaging 12 points, eight rebounds, eight assists, but his field goal percentage, three-point percentage are not what we expect from Nikola". The Nuggets led 86-78 with one quarter to play.More news: Joshua calls out 'fool' Wilder and Fury
The Raptors shot a awful 2-for-12 from three-point range in the first quarter, but still managed to keep it close.
Leonard's 3-pointer trimmed Denver's lead to five points with 5:20 to play in the third quarter.More news: David Attenborough's Dire Climate Warning: ‘Our Greatest Threat In Thousands Of Years'
Toronto shot 11 for 41 from outside the arc.
The Raptors clawed back and a big dunk by Ibaka tied it up at 94-94 with 4:40 to play. Juancho Hernangomez missed one of two free throws with 12 seconds left to give Toronto one last gasp, and Leonard scored with seven seconds left to tie the game. Just like he has all his career, Leonard came up big in the clutch drilling a big step-back jumper to tie the game at 103, but the Nuggets still had seven seconds and a chance to win the game. Beasley also had a good game for Denver off the bench as he poured in 15 points on 6-of-8 shooting from the field, 3-of-3 from behind the three-point line.
Leonard was called for a non-shooting foul, but Jokic threw up a shot anyway.More news: The Cut Is Getting Thrashed For Calling Priyanka Chopra A "Scam Artist"
The Nuggets (16-7 and first in the Northwest Division) will be back in action on Wednesday night when they'll travel to Orlando for a match-up against the Magic.
- UK, France, US Concerned Over Iran Missile Test
- PETA asks people to stop using 'bring home the bacon'
- Angry Sarri accuses players of complacency after Chelsea defeat
- Rouhani: If US blocks Iran’s oil exports, will close trade route
- America's Next Top Model star Jael Strauss dead
- Canada arrests CFO of China's Huawei Technologies
- Police Target ‘Ndrangheta Italian Mafia in Raids Across Europe
- Tom Cruise's Impassioned Twitter Plea May Solve A Common Problem
- Facebook accused of giving access to users’ data
- Fears growing for backpacker Grace Millane missing in New Zealand