Murray, from Kitchener, Ont., had 21 points to help lead the Nuggets to a 106-103 victory over Toronto, and Denver's sixth consecutive win.
"It's amusing, I was looking at his stats the last five games, we won five in a row, he was averaging 12 points, eight rebounds, eight assists, but his field goal percentage, three-point percentage are not what we expect from Nikola". The Nuggets led 86-78 with one quarter to play.More news: David Attenborough's Dire Climate Warning: ‘Our Greatest Threat In Thousands Of Years'
The Raptors shot a awful 2-for-12 from three-point range in the first quarter, but still managed to keep it close.
Leonard's 3-pointer trimmed Denver's lead to five points with 5:20 to play in the third quarter.More news: Rouhani: If US blocks Iran’s oil exports, will close trade route
Toronto shot 11 for 41 from outside the arc.
The Raptors clawed back and a big dunk by Ibaka tied it up at 94-94 with 4:40 to play. Juancho Hernangomez missed one of two free throws with 12 seconds left to give Toronto one last gasp, and Leonard scored with seven seconds left to tie the game. Just like he has all his career, Leonard came up big in the clutch drilling a big step-back jumper to tie the game at 103, but the Nuggets still had seven seconds and a chance to win the game. Beasley also had a good game for Denver off the bench as he poured in 15 points on 6-of-8 shooting from the field, 3-of-3 from behind the three-point line.
Leonard was called for a non-shooting foul, but Jokic threw up a shot anyway.More news: Huawei's quickly closing the global phone sales gap to Samsung
The Nuggets (16-7 and first in the Northwest Division) will be back in action on Wednesday night when they'll travel to Orlando for a match-up against the Magic.
- Fears growing for backpacker Grace Millane missing in New Zealand
- Oil prices skid amid global stock market slump, swelling USA supply
- UK, France, US Concerned Over Iran Missile Test
- Cops deny "chaos" following Global Citizen festival in Joburg
- Flu season hits MS ; health officials provide recommendations
- Facebook accused of giving access to users’ data
- PETA asks people to stop using 'bring home the bacon'
- Police Target ‘Ndrangheta Italian Mafia in Raids Across Europe
- Canada arrests CFO of China's Huawei Technologies
- Doug Baldwin happy Seahawks paid tribute to Richard Sherman in TD celebration