Murray, from Kitchener, Ont., had 21 points to help lead the Nuggets to a 106-103 victory over Toronto, and Denver's sixth consecutive win.
"It's amusing, I was looking at his stats the last five games, we won five in a row, he was averaging 12 points, eight rebounds, eight assists, but his field goal percentage, three-point percentage are not what we expect from Nikola". The Nuggets led 86-78 with one quarter to play.More news: SpaceX Suffers Malfunction in Landing of Falcon 9 ISS Resupply Mission
The Raptors shot a awful 2-for-12 from three-point range in the first quarter, but still managed to keep it close.
Leonard's 3-pointer trimmed Denver's lead to five points with 5:20 to play in the third quarter.More news: All 8 Cities And Stadiums Confirmed For New XFL Teams
Toronto shot 11 for 41 from outside the arc.
The Raptors clawed back and a big dunk by Ibaka tied it up at 94-94 with 4:40 to play. Juancho Hernangomez missed one of two free throws with 12 seconds left to give Toronto one last gasp, and Leonard scored with seven seconds left to tie the game. Just like he has all his career, Leonard came up big in the clutch drilling a big step-back jumper to tie the game at 103, but the Nuggets still had seven seconds and a chance to win the game. Beasley also had a good game for Denver off the bench as he poured in 15 points on 6-of-8 shooting from the field, 3-of-3 from behind the three-point line.
Leonard was called for a non-shooting foul, but Jokic threw up a shot anyway.More news: Huawei's quickly closing the global phone sales gap to Samsung
The Nuggets (16-7 and first in the Northwest Division) will be back in action on Wednesday night when they'll travel to Orlando for a match-up against the Magic.
- David Attenborough's Dire Climate Warning: ‘Our Greatest Threat In Thousands Of Years'
- Rouhani: If US blocks Iran’s oil exports, will close trade route
- British telco to strip China's Huawei from core networks, limit 5G access
- Fears growing for backpacker Grace Millane missing in New Zealand
- Angry Sarri accuses players of complacency after Chelsea defeat
- HMD announce their next Android One phone the Nokia 8.1
- Canada arrests CFO of China's Huawei Technologies
- Canada arrests Huawei CFO on request of U.S. authorities
- South Korean President Still Hopes to Host Kim Jong Un This Year
- Tom Cruise's Impassioned Twitter Plea May Solve A Common Problem