Midfielder Scott Arfield was sent off with just under 20 minutes remaining of Rangers' Premier League match at Hearts on Sunday, but managed to hang on for all three points to return to the top of the table.
Colombian worldwide striker Morelos was dismissed after two bookings from referee Steven McLean.
Gerrard concluded: "We're getting used to playing with 10 men and we're quite good at it".
"They have been fantastic in all the games this season and I hope we are going to continue to win to enjoy it with them".More news: Samsung patent describes behind-display fingerprint scanner for phones and watches
Booked for a clash with Graeme Shinnie, another foul on the Dons skipper saw the Colombian received a second yellow in the 64th minute as his team chased an equaliser.
Gerrard said: "Craig's entitled to his opinion, like I am when I speak about Hearts or Aberdeen or whoever it may be".
"I am really proud of the guys today, we really showed character all the time".
PLUS - there is Classic Kits, They Played At Ibrox (Sami Khedira), On This Day, Oppo Focus, Match Fast Facts, Snapshot, a tricky quiz to test your football knowledge and Junior Gers.More news: Joshua calls out 'fool' Wilder and Fury
He said: "I look at this game as one where there shouldn't be any nerves from the players".
"In a long-winded way I'm trying to say that not being the favourites can actually help us".
"There is only so much I can do".
Having led the way from the start, Hearts could find themselves as low as fourth if things go against them this weekend. They are putting more stress on each other, on their bodies. 'The second one he deserves.More news: Bug Results In Fallout 76 Users Seeing Other People's Support Tickets
"I've been on at McKenna because he should be scoring more goals and what a finish it is to get it over Allan McGregor". It's hard with 11 men, so they are not helping themselves at the moment. But we feel that in our two performances against Aberdeen we probably haven't got the results we deserved.
- Donald Trump-China trade deal unravels
- The Cut Is Getting Thrashed For Calling Priyanka Chopra A "Scam Artist"
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note9 with 1TB offer in India
- Oil prices skid amid global stock market slump, swelling USA supply
- HMD announce their next Android One phone the Nokia 8.1
- WATCH KPRC2's special 'Remembering Houston's President, George H.W. Bush'
- Four Dead Amid Car Blast, Shooting in Southern Iranian Port of Chabahar
- Russian HIV Patients Deal With Persistent Stigma As Incidence Rises
- Google confirms Allo will shutdown in March
- Kate and William visit military personnel at RAF base in Cyprus