Midfielder Scott Arfield was sent off with just under 20 minutes remaining of Rangers' Premier League match at Hearts on Sunday, but managed to hang on for all three points to return to the top of the table.
Colombian worldwide striker Morelos was dismissed after two bookings from referee Steven McLean.
Gerrard concluded: "We're getting used to playing with 10 men and we're quite good at it".
"They have been fantastic in all the games this season and I hope we are going to continue to win to enjoy it with them".More news: Russian HIV Patients Deal With Persistent Stigma As Incidence Rises
Booked for a clash with Graeme Shinnie, another foul on the Dons skipper saw the Colombian received a second yellow in the 64th minute as his team chased an equaliser.
Gerrard said: "Craig's entitled to his opinion, like I am when I speak about Hearts or Aberdeen or whoever it may be".
"I am really proud of the guys today, we really showed character all the time".
PLUS - there is Classic Kits, They Played At Ibrox (Sami Khedira), On This Day, Oppo Focus, Match Fast Facts, Snapshot, a tricky quiz to test your football knowledge and Junior Gers.More news: HMD announce their next Android One phone the Nokia 8.1
He said: "I look at this game as one where there shouldn't be any nerves from the players".
"In a long-winded way I'm trying to say that not being the favourites can actually help us".
"There is only so much I can do".
Having led the way from the start, Hearts could find themselves as low as fourth if things go against them this weekend. They are putting more stress on each other, on their bodies. 'The second one he deserves.More news: Canada arrests CFO of China's Huawei Technologies
"I've been on at McKenna because he should be scoring more goals and what a finish it is to get it over Allan McGregor". It's hard with 11 men, so they are not helping themselves at the moment. But we feel that in our two performances against Aberdeen we probably haven't got the results we deserved.
- Kate and William visit military personnel at RAF base in Cyprus
- Luxembourg set to become first country to provide free public transport
- Bug Results In Fallout 76 Users Seeing Other People's Support Tickets
- Tom Cruise's Impassioned Twitter Plea May Solve A Common Problem
- SpaceX Suffers Malfunction in Landing of Falcon 9 ISS Resupply Mission
- Canada arrests Huawei CFO on request of U.S. authorities
- Golden Globes' 2019 Hosts Sandra Oh and Andy Samberg Elicit Excitement
- O2 investigating network data problems
- Donald Trump-China trade deal unravels
- Google confirms Allo will shutdown in March