The tweet from Ocasio-Cortez was in response to an earlier one from Rep. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., who wrote Saturday night that she was able to "successfully assist 5 asylum seekers - 2 unaccompanied minors, a mother and her 9 year old child, and a young man with a serious medical condition - into the United States".
And she defended her position, tweeting, "A Green New Deal will take a level of ambition + innovation on the scale of the moon landing".More news: Maple Leafs excited for Nylander's return after contract extension
"Leave the false statements to Sarah Huckabee", Ocasio-Cortez wrote, referring to President Donald Trump's press secretary and the former governor's daughter.
While it is uncommon for new members of the House to gain a seat on that Committee, Ocasio-Cortez insisted that it was worth pursuing.More news: Donald Trump Spins 90 Day China Truce as 'Big Leap Forward'
"Since there's no edit button, choose your tweet: "We've been here before" (place) "We've done it before" (act) "We've been done it before" (BX colloquial)", she added - then recounted how many high-profile GOP politicians have criticized her since her launch to liberal stardom this summer.
"We have found that on some of the most important issues facing this country and the world, corporate media, generally speaking, is not there", Sanders told The Intercept's Naomi Klein at the Sanders Institute Gathering in Burlington, Vermont over the weekend. We went to the moon, we electrified the nation, we established civil rights, we enfranchised the country. "We dig deep, and we did it", Ocasio-Cortez said. Daily Mail article reposted by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, Ocasio-Cortez attended an environmentalist event on Friday where she spoke about the significance of her November 6 victory and even seemingly equated it to a number of landmarks in US history. "That's what we did when so many of us won an election this year", Ocasio-Cortez said.More news: Soyuz Successfully Launched Into Orbit, Says Russia's Space Agency
Just a few hours later, Ocasio-Cortez responded to the former governor to clarify her statement in relation to her proposed plan.
- Smuggler dropped two children from top of border wall: DHS
- Jay Gruden Says Redskins Considered Colin Kaepernick
- Lamar Jackson has another strong outing, and the Ravens have a choice
- Asia markets rise after USA and China agree to trade truce
- Ohio State University football coach Urban Meyer to announce retirement
- 5G smartphone race speeds ahead with new entry planned from Samsung
- Nigel Farage quits Ukip over 'far-right fixation'
- Tyson Fury's Promoter Makes It Clear What Fight They Want Next
- GOP senators accuse Trump Administration of covering up killing
- PUBG Mobile grabs Best Game in 2018 Google Play Awards