"I remember in 1993 when I was still playing, Nigeria beat us 4-0 (in a 1994 FIFA World Cup qualifier) simply because we tried to be physical to counter their game plan".
Gernot Rohr has predicted tomorrow's AFCON qualifier will be the most hard game against home team South Africa for his Super Eagles, who will be without several experienced stars.
"As you can see, we have one of the youngest teams in Africa for now - I think 27 is the highest age in the team, and majority are between 19 and 22".More news: Opec, partners discuss oil supply cut of up to 1.4 million bpd
"It's more than a year since we played against South Africa and lost in Uyo".
The final qualifying round is set to take place in March of 2019.
I think i am growing now and getting more matured and the expectations are high and I need to keep up my game to ensure I remain relevant as far football is concerned.More news: Scientists confirm massive impact crater beneath Greenland's ice
The three-time African champions, who arrived in South Africa early Friday, are top of Group E with nine points from four matches, while South Africa are second on eight points.
A statement issued by Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President (Media and Publicity), said the President joined millions of football-loving Nigerians in commending the team for their spirited and disciplined performance against a very formidable opponent which earned them qualification with the final match against Seychelles a mere formality.
"Yes, we have a number of injuries and one suspension. Our biggest challenge against countries like Nigeria is that we allow them to play to their strength", said Radebe at a Jawitz Properties function in Sandton yesterday, where he was confirmed as this real estate company's ambassador. "I am happy for this young team".More news: Zion Williamson takes flight from the moon on alley-oop dunk
- Mike Pence quashes Donald Trump rift reports, Australia/NZ News & Top Stories
- Blockade Chaos: French Protest Rising Fuel Prices in Paris
- Call for responsible use of antibiotics in treatment plan
- One dead and 47 injured in fuel tax protests in France
- Verizon puts 5 phone numbers on a single handset
- DeVos proposes overhaul to campus sexual misconduct rules
- Hailey Baldwin and Justin Bieber appear to confirm marriage
- Sony opts to skip E3 2019
- Ireland v New Zealand in numbers
- Democrat Gillum concedes Florida governor's race, congratulates DeSantis