Rep. John Garamendi on how California communities can rebuild after the fires.
The Butte County Sheriff announced new information in the human toll from the Camp Fire Thursday, saying seven more bodies were found in the wreckage left behind by the deadly blaze, bringing number of dead to 63.
Butte County Sheriff Kory Honea told those gathered at a news briefing that the number of missing persons reflected ongoing work by emergency response personnel sifting through reports, but said numerous unaccounted for may simply be displaced in shelters throughout the region. Some 52,000 people have been displaced. It was 40 percent contained as of Thursday night.More news: Law enforcement, family mourn sheriff's sergeant killed in Thousand Oaks mass shooting
Fifty-six of the deaths and most of those unaccounted for are from the Butte County town of Paradise in northern California, which was decimated by the so-called Camp Fire that erupted a week ago.
At least 56 people have been confirmed dead so far in the Camp Fire, which erupted a week ago in the drought-parched Sierra foothills 175 miles (280 km) north of San Francisco and now ranks as one of the most lethal single USA wildfires since the turn of the last century.
President Trump is scheduled to travel to the Golden State on Saturday to visit victims of fires in both the northern and southern ends of the state.More news: FCC approves SpaceX plan to put over 7,000 satellites in orbit
"We will keep you updated on details as they are available", Walters said.
More than 75 tents have popped up at the Chico store to house people evacuated from the fire that destroyed the town of Paradise and surrounding area.More news: Conservative MP turns on Theresa May during Prime Minister's Questions
- Roger Federer sprints past Kevin Anderson to top the standings — ATP Finals
- Macron says France is USA ally, not a vassal state
- Roy Clark, Hee Haw Host, Dead at 85
- Honda Passport SUV making a comeback for 2019
- Food and Drug Administration to crack down on menthol cigarettes, flavored vapes
- Ohtani wins AL Rookie of the Year：The Asahi Shimbun
- 'US Military Superiority Is No Longer Assured'
- WinView Games Playbook: Packers vs. Seahawks - Week 11
- Essentia Health offers way to quit smoking for better health
- Facebook shuts more accounts aimed at political meddling