Rep. John Garamendi on how California communities can rebuild after the fires.
The Butte County Sheriff announced new information in the human toll from the Camp Fire Thursday, saying seven more bodies were found in the wreckage left behind by the deadly blaze, bringing number of dead to 63.
Butte County Sheriff Kory Honea told those gathered at a news briefing that the number of missing persons reflected ongoing work by emergency response personnel sifting through reports, but said numerous unaccounted for may simply be displaced in shelters throughout the region. Some 52,000 people have been displaced. It was 40 percent contained as of Thursday night.More news: Macron says France is USA ally, not a vassal state
Fifty-six of the deaths and most of those unaccounted for are from the Butte County town of Paradise in northern California, which was decimated by the so-called Camp Fire that erupted a week ago.
At least 56 people have been confirmed dead so far in the Camp Fire, which erupted a week ago in the drought-parched Sierra foothills 175 miles (280 km) north of San Francisco and now ranks as one of the most lethal single USA wildfires since the turn of the last century.
President Trump is scheduled to travel to the Golden State on Saturday to visit victims of fires in both the northern and southern ends of the state.More news: Green Light For JLR's Traffic Signal Avoidance System
"We will keep you updated on details as they are available", Walters said.
More than 75 tents have popped up at the Chico store to house people evacuated from the fire that destroyed the town of Paradise and surrounding area.More news: WinView Games Playbook: Packers vs. Seahawks - Week 11
- Ireland change four for All Blacks clash
- Roger Federer sprints past Kevin Anderson to top the standings — ATP Finals
- Conservative MP turns on Theresa May during Prime Minister's Questions
- 'US Military Superiority Is No Longer Assured'
- Kosovo visa issue: India at risk of losing global events
- American Airlines unaware of Boeing 737 Max functions related to potential hazard
- El Chapo defense says Sinaloa cartel bribed Mexico presidents
- Roy Clark, Hee Haw Host, Dead at 85
- Stan Lee proclaims love for his fans in touching final video
- Catch 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald' in Cinemas Today!