Rep. John Garamendi on how California communities can rebuild after the fires.
The Butte County Sheriff announced new information in the human toll from the Camp Fire Thursday, saying seven more bodies were found in the wreckage left behind by the deadly blaze, bringing number of dead to 63.
Butte County Sheriff Kory Honea told those gathered at a news briefing that the number of missing persons reflected ongoing work by emergency response personnel sifting through reports, but said numerous unaccounted for may simply be displaced in shelters throughout the region. Some 52,000 people have been displaced. It was 40 percent contained as of Thursday night.More news: Mookie Betts, Christian Yelich win MVP awards
Fifty-six of the deaths and most of those unaccounted for are from the Butte County town of Paradise in northern California, which was decimated by the so-called Camp Fire that erupted a week ago.
At least 56 people have been confirmed dead so far in the Camp Fire, which erupted a week ago in the drought-parched Sierra foothills 175 miles (280 km) north of San Francisco and now ranks as one of the most lethal single USA wildfires since the turn of the last century.
President Trump is scheduled to travel to the Golden State on Saturday to visit victims of fires in both the northern and southern ends of the state.More news: Ireland change four for All Blacks clash
"We will keep you updated on details as they are available", Walters said.
More than 75 tents have popped up at the Chico store to house people evacuated from the fire that destroyed the town of Paradise and surrounding area.More news: The Sharp Aquos R2 compact is the first dual-notch phone
- Catch 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald' in Cinemas Today!
- Yemenis, Saudis back peace talks
- Law enforcement, family mourn sheriff's sergeant killed in Thousand Oaks mass shooting
- Roger Federer sprints past Kevin Anderson to top the standings — ATP Finals
- "Bizarre": Virat Kohli On Ravi Shastri Being Called A Yes Man
- 'US Military Superiority Is No Longer Assured'
- Roy Clark, Hee Haw Host, Dead at 85
- Kosovo visa issue: India at risk of losing global events
- Busted! Russians Caught Trying to Cross Car-Only Bridge in Cardboard Bus
- El Chapo defense says Sinaloa cartel bribed Mexico presidents