Kim Porter, who dated Sean "Diddy" Combs for 13 years and has three children with the star, died Thursday at the age of 47. While the rapper turned businessman hasn't spoken out yet, a source told People magazine, "Diddy is devastated and shocked". They called it quits for the final time in 2007, but remained close for the sake of their children.
American model, actress, and entrepreneur Kim Porter was found dead in her bed in her Los Angeles home on Thursday and celebrities have flooded social media with tributes to Porter and her family.More news: Bayern Munich opt against permanent James Rodriguez signing?
50 Cent wrote that Porter was "loved and will be missed dearly" and said that Diddy "loved her for real, soul mate type s***".
Porter and Diddy started dating in the 90s, welcoming their first child together, son Christian, in 1998. The pair had a son in 1991 who they named Quincy, after Al B. Sure's mentor, musician Quincy Jones. Her exact cause of death has not been confirmed, but it was revealed by emergency dispatch that the 911 call came in for a cardiac arrest. The cause of death is now undetermined, however, in TMZ's initial report about the 47-year-old's death, she had recently been suffering from flu-like symptoms.More news: Call for UK ban on ‘grotesquely sugary’ freakshakes
A source also told the outlet that Porter had been suffering from "flu-like symptoms" for several weeks, but it's still unclear how she died. In an update from the site, authorities are also looking into Porter's recent trip to Africa to determine if she contracted a disease while there.More news: Chinese Blogger's Undercover Video Exposes Poor Hygiene At Luxury Hotels
- Russian forces blamed for jamming Global Positioning System during a large-scale North Atlantic Treaty Organisation exercise
- Michelle Obama says un-first lady-like things for Jimmy Kimmel
- Like coffee? You may be genetically wired that way
- Two Khmer Rouge leaders found guilty of genocide
- Actress Rebel Wilson loses bid to keep most of her defamation payout
- Trump seeks to land blow against media in court fight with CNN
- Lewis Hamilton: Indian GP felt unusual to drive past homeless
- CDC: More US kids get mysterious paralyzing illness, cause is still unknown
- Microsoft Acquires XOXCO in Latest Step Towards AI
- Ariana Grande Has Cut Off Her Signature Hair