"Tim Cook has consistently criticised our business model and Mark has been equally clear he disagrees".
While the social network hasn't explicitly denied that Zuckerberg has ordered his management board to only use Android phones, it looks like such a missive was probably more a suggestion than Zuckerberg having a Napoleon moment.More news: Marko Arnautovic hints at West Ham exit as Man United keep vigil
The Facebook founder was reportedly so enraged by criticism from Apple CEO Tim Cook that he personally instructed executives to stop using iPhones in favor of Android devices. Cook said "privacy to us is a human right" and added that Apple could "make a ton of money" if it chose to monetize customer data as Facebook does.
The New York Times yesterday said that "after Tim Cook, Apple's chief executive, quipped in an interview that his company did not traffic in personal data, Mr Zuckerberg ordered his management team to use only Android phones".More news: EE reveals 5G launch locations
Zuckerberg is said to have justified the decision by saying more Facebook customers use Android than Apple. "It's a civil liberty", Mr Cook had said in an interview in the midst of the Cambridge Analytica data scandal that showed the social media network was compromised and leveraged to influence the 2016 USA presidential race. Then again, when Recode's Kara Swisher asked Cook what would he do if he was Mark Zuckerberg, Cook replied, "I wouldn't be in this situation". Per the NYT, that came in response to comments Cook make slamming Facebook in an MSNBC interview earlier this year in the wake of revelations that Cambridge Analytica improperly obtained info on millions of Facebook users.
"I think it's important that we don't all get Stockholm syndrome and let the companies that work hard to charge you more convince you that they actually care more about you".More news: Sony announces official PlayStation 4 Black Friday 2018 deals
- Majority of locals in Yemen's Hodeida fled amid clashes
- BAT share plunges after possible US move to ban menthol cigarettes
- Scherzer finishes second to deGrom for Cy Young Award
- Joe Cole announces retirement after 20 years as professional
- Limiting social media to 10 minutes a day can improve mental health
- LeBron moves into fifth on scoring list, 76ers fall in Butler's debut
- Germany's Merkel sees digital tax proposal by December - media report
- FO confirms talks between Pakistan, Canada over Aasia Bibi
- China's 'Artificial Sun' Marks Breakthrough for Nuclear Fusion
- Will Francesco Molinari or Tommy Fleetwood win the Race to Dubai?