According to experts, the four internally mounted missiles are medium-range, radar-guided air-to-air missiles, while two smaller missiles mounted outside the weapon bays of the J-20 are infra-red-guided "heat-seeking" missiles for aerial combat.
Citing Chinese experts, the newspaper said the demonstration, which came on the 69th anniversary of the founding of the People's Liberation Army's (PLA) Air Force, displayed the J-20's superiority to the top USA fighter jets, the F-22 and F-35, as well as the PLA's growing confidence.
On the last day of the Zhuhai airshow, two J-20 fighters opened their under-fuselage weapon bays in flight to reveal four internally mounted missiles to onlookers.More news: Central American Migrants ARRIVE at US-Mexico Border in Tijuana — CARAVAN ARRIVES
Sunday also marks the 69th anniversary of the founding of the People's Liberation Army Air Force.
The third stage of the plan provides for the creation of a world-class air force by around the 2050s that would reflect China's status as one of the world's most powerful nations. He said that by 2020, China would integrate space and aerial warfare as well as strike and defensive techniques using fifth-generation aircraft as well as earlier models. Over 150 domestic and foreign aircraft have participated in the biggest airshow of China.
Marine Corps General Joseph Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Tuesday that Russian Federation and China "can challenge our ability to project power and challenge us in all domains", noting that he considered them to be near-peer competitors, but not enemies.More news: Raging infernos spread on both ends of California, killing 9 people
Large aircraft manufacturers including The Boeing Company and Airbus SE, as well as manufacturers of business jets, helicopters, aero-engines and aviation systems gathered at the show. "But now, their monopoly in this region has been broken by China's J-20".
In the mid-air performance, a J-20 circled horizontally with its body vertical to the ground, and another one flew at a terrific low height and climbed up to the sky, nearly maneuvering vertically to the ground. "Up to 200 military, political and trade delegations from more than 50 countries visited the Airshow", the site said in an article published Monday.More news: Pound euro exchange rate: GBP softens as Brexit Cabinet meeting CANCELLED
- California Wildfires: death toll rises to 49 (official statement)
- Veritas Capital, Elliott Management affiliate to buy athenahealth for $5.7B
- Samsung Galaxy S10 to have a cutout, not a notch
- Faithful dog waits for 80 days by Chinese road where owner died
- Susanna Dinnage: Who is the new Premier League chief replacing Richard Scudamore?
- Nintendo ROM Site Lawsuit Results in $12 Million Judgement
- Cleveland Browns: Hue Jackson looks to stop Browns again
- Hamas announces ceasefire with Israel after worst escalation in years
- Malaysia's prime minister claims Goldman bankers 'cheated' country over 1MDB deals
- Fox News comes out in support of CNN's lawsuit against Trump admin.