The star attraction is the Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro.
Back in September, when Xiaomi introduced the Mi 8 Pro and Mi 8 Lite, the company confirmed the handsets for a launch in China but was tight-lipped about any other potential releases.
Prior to the company's official debut in the UK, Xiaomi already had a presence in the European market with Spain where the company has 10 stores. Both phones are now getting the update in the Chinese closed beta, and you might need to wait some time for the stable beta to roll out in China and, subsequently, in worldwide markets. Those are dummy components that you can see, but it gives the phone a different look to nearly any other phone on the market. It has a 6.21-inch AMOLED display, Snapdragon 845 processor, IR face unlock system, and an in-display fingerprint sensor.More news: Star Wars: Diego Luna Will Star in a Rogue One Prequel Series
For exmaple, the Redmi 6 with 3GB of RAM, 32GB of inbuilt storage and a dual-camera with 12MP and 5MP sensors will drop from £149 to £129. In the UK, Xiaomi will also open a brick-and-mortar Mi Store in Westfield London on 18th November. In terms of software, funnily enough this wasn't actually mentioned at all during the launch event, likely because the Mi 8 Pro will ship with the older Android 8.1 Oreo OS, not 9.0 Pie. There's one storage version at 128GB, and it's now unclear if you'll be able to use microSD cards with the phone.
It's set to cost £499.99 in the United Kingdom, and you'll be able to get it exclusively on Three or from a variety of third-party retailers including Amazon, Argos, John Lewis, Carphone Warehouse and Xiaomi's new store in London if you're happy to buy the phone outright.
The company also revealed you'll be able to buy the Xiaomi Mi Band 3 from a variety of third-party retailers.More news: Japanese TV cancels BTS show over band member's A-bomb shirt
Xiaomi has launched its smartphone range in the UK.More news: Susan Westwood Arrested for Harassing 2 Black Women in Charlotte Parking Lot
- Lewis Hamilton arrives for Brazil GP in tracksuit and denim combo
- Ingress Prime is out right now on Android
- 'Terrorist' on stabbing rampage shot dead in Melbourne
- Thousand Oaks Bar Shooter Ian Long Posted on Instagram During Killings
- Mourinho hails Fellaini as United's game-changer
- Ariana Grande Stumbles and Falls During Performance on 'Ellen'
- Kyrie Irving lifts Celtics from horrific start to incredible comeback over Suns
- Norwegian submarine-hunting frigate rammed by Maltese oil tanker
- A phone and a tablet- Samsung reveals foldable smartphone
- Stellar Foundation Planning Biggest Airdrop in Cryptocurrency History